Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Ahem, IF we start having children.

Give you 3 years ;):lol:

as Kilt insinuated, ill take the little bit extra car insurance over no periods/pregnancy/child birth :lol: (considering the amount you all go on about how horrible all of the above is, and that if men had to humans would be extinct by now)

Have I upset you or something? Or are you just one of these people who thinks they are right all the time and can't listen to anyone else? ;)

Either way, toys back in the pram, eh? Lego is sair as f**k if you stand on it.

Pot, kettle :lol:

Not sure why you're being so defensive :unsure:

From reading the "life" thread you seem like a decent enough bloke, yet on here you're being an arse. I have an opinion, you've an opinion, we disagree. Nae point in spouting out cliches or having a tantrum ;)

What? im more realistic about the costs of insurance/ running a car and you are spitting the dummy that the big bad insurance companies are quoting you a lot of money for insurance? :unsure:

Ill tell you what, ill have a word with them and get them to forget about the fact it may put them out of business, and tell them to only charge a round rate of $500 for a years insurance regardless of circumstances :rolleyes:

Once again, cliches.

Discrimination: Treatment or consideration based on class or category rather than individual merit; partiality or prejudice

Sorry, how is a 40 year old driver who has just passed their test any more experienced than a 17 year old driver who has just passed their test? It has more to do with the mindset of a young person in comparison to an older person than experience - given that both are on the exact same level of road experience regardless of age.

Spot on :)

Aye, it maybe is discrimination but when it comes to business there will always be discrimination. You pay more house insurance if you live in an area where there are a lot of theft claims, regardless of whether you think it is a nice area or not.

It's just all about money. Nobody wants young drivers (males especially) on the books as they are a higher risk than anyone else. Most companies make proper money from renewals so they won't want someone who is likely to claim in their first year.

Travel insurance companies are the same with certain medical conditions.

It makes perfect sense based on statistics. However, on individual merit it completely falls down. When it comes to house insurance then it is important to consider the area, the area wont change just because any individual has moved in. When it comes to car insurance it is primarily the individual who should be considered, he or she is the one who will be driving the car.

Statistically, this is obviously where many younger drivers encounter difficulties, solely due to their age and even gender. The discrimination comes in when the insurance company analyses the statistics of a particular age group, and then passes judgement on an individual based upon a statistic drawn from a category encompassing an entire age group.

I can see your point, the insurance companies will undoubtedly encounter difficulties if they were to lower the premiums for younger drivers, as a few, as you point out, can be reckless. The only way to prevent discrimination in this instance would be to analyse each individual case on other criteria bar age.

Its not being discriminated against.

See above.

It is the same reasons that it is more expensive for people who use their car for work, and drive 300miles a week in it, compared to someone who just drives 30miles a week.

Yes, but driving 300 miles in your car is more of a choice. You have no option about being 17, you are 17, like it or not.

If there was an insurance for it, it would cost a lot more for insurance against being shot by a gun if you were an undercover police officer who is often shot at, compared to an old lady who lives in the woods with nothing people would want to rob, and is visited 1x a month by an old man who gave her groceries/food etc to live on. Just because you dont think its fair it doesnt mean its discrimination.

Of course it would, but again it comes down to choice. The undercover officer has chosen to be an undercover officer. No one chooses to be 17.

This point is pretty irrelevant, but his pay will reflect the danger of his job, which is reflected in the insurance premium.

If you cant afford the insurance, do like i did and sell your car, taking public transport/hitch a lift.

Why then present young people with the opportunity to drive and then allow insurance companies to price them out of the market? It's pointless and discriminatory.

The phoes4u salesman who i 'spoke' to on Saturday. :angry:

Fair enought, that;s your job to entice folks into the shop and buy a phone, I have nothing against being asked 'are you thinking of getting a new phone' by the salesman. That's fine.

But...when I say no, that means 'I'm not interested in a new phone'. :o

He then says 'oh mate, what phone have you got then' <Shows phone> (Decent enough. Sony Ericsson W900i.

THEN, he has the cheek to say to me (the customer) :angry: 'aw come on man, that's old.' :angry:

Get a grip, i'll bloddy well deiced if it's old you tosser. :angry: When I do go to get a new phone, I'll go out-of-my-way to not buy it from him. :angry::P

Rant over.

Edited by ShakehandsTom - DFC

Phoenix's post just reminds me of the people from Vodafone who fone me up, and ask me if I'm happy with their service. The woman on the other end of the phone is that incompetent, that they still phone me up, even though I'm with Orange now, and have been for over 6 months.

'Are you happy with the service Vodafone provides you?'

'I'm not with Vodafone anymore.'

'So you're happy with the service that they provide then?

'I'm not with them anymore.'

(Code: 'In that they provide me with sweet fa, then yes.' :angry::rolleyes:

I'm not with them anymore so I couldn't give a toss about their service tbh.) :rolleyes::D

:D

Edited by ShakehandsTom - DFC

Telesales ar**h***es who phone you after you bought something from their company and pretend that they actually care whether you were satisfied with the service you got and irrespective of your answer proceed in trying to sell you car insurance, house insurance, life insurance, a loaf of bread and a pint of milk.

Following a recent purchase of two new tyres from Kwikfit, I waited for the inevitable phone call, which duly arrived two days later. In response to the first question, I replied that the tyres were rubbish, not properly inflated and that I had skidded into a wall causing £500 worth of damage, shortly after leaving their tyre centre.

Honestly - without drawing breath (and obviously reading from a script ) he then asked me when my car insurance was due for renewal and would I be interested in getting a quote.

You really can't get better than a FcukWit Fitter

:angry::angry:

A few years ago, my mother had great fun with one of those. My dad had been in getting his wheels balanced, and the incompetent barstewards had failed to tighten the wheel nuts, the day before a 200 mile round trip. We were halfway up the road before we realised what the problem was, and managed to avoid a wheel flying off on a dual carriageway!

Needless to say, mother was not impressed, so when Kwik-fit's "courtesy call" came, they got a right earful - cue much apologising, free servicing etc!

Being accosted as you enter the supermarket by utilities providers.

As I entered Morrisons in Kilmarnock cue NPower "Can I ask you who provides you gas and electricity?"

Answer= "No, it's none of your business" as I walk right on in.

If I want to change my provider I will come to you. Leave me alone.

Being accosted as you enter the supermarket by utilities providers.

As I entered Morrisons in Kilmarnock cue NPower "Can I ask you who provides you gas and electricity?"

Answer= "No, it's none of your business" as I walk right on in.

If I want to change my provider I will come to you. Leave me alone.

They are like those people in town who stop you for a survey. :angry:

If I wanted to take a survey, do you not think I'd go online or go and decide to go into a shop and do it? Do you think I'd really want to stop, in the middle of town, when it's pissing down with rain and take a survey that's not going to affect me anyway? :angry:

:ass

The way you've worded that question reminds me of the questions in Maths Heinemann (sp) textbooks in Standard Grade at school. :lol:

i.e <insert some equation here> Can you solve this equation?

Answer in jotter: 'No'.

Technically the teacher couldn't mark it wrong, as I pointed out to her once :lol: . She didn't really take much interest in my homework after that (when I handed it in that is ;) )

Quality.

:D B)

I think the point you're all missing is that insurance companies have no option but to categorise people and make assumptions based on fairly broad criteria.

Im no fan of insurance companies, far from it, but they have to distinguish between different risks somehow. The only way to fairly assess someone would be to have every applicant complete an extensive psychological profile, provide proof of driving experience, work history, family circumstances, how dodgy their neighbours are etc etc etc.

This would certainly lead to a fairer pricing on an individual basis but the cost of administering all of this would hugely increase everyones premiums. To get around it they compile a load of statistics and pigeon hole people.

That means people pay higher premiums if they live in certain postcodes, have accidents, have points on their licence, drive expensive/fast cars or are young. Young people are by no means the only group being royaly screwed by the insurance companies, get over it ;)

It makes perfect sense based on statistics. However, on individual merit it completely falls down. When it comes to house insurance then it is important to consider the area, the area wont change just because any individual has moved in. When it comes to car insurance it is primarily the individual who should be considered, he or she is the one who will be driving the car.

Statistically, this is obviously where many younger drivers encounter difficulties, solely due to their age and even gender. The discrimination comes in when the insurance company analyses the statistics of a particular age group, and then passes judgement on an individual based upon a statistic drawn from a category encompassing an entire age group.

My pttgoyn - people who dont read threads fully :rolleyes:

Guest The Phoenix

Powerpoint! The new overhead projector. Every fucking training course you go on now features ill prepared fucking Powerpoint presentations.

Fucking Powerpoint! b*****ds!!! :angry:

Especially when the presenter thinks that all the animations should be used in one presentation :lol::lol::lol:

Flying, appear, top to bottom, flashing etc etc

If you're really lucky they'll have sound animations as well - clapping, gunshots, cheering etc etc

:(:(

Especially when the presenter thinks that all the animations should be used in one presentation :lol::lol::lol:

Flying, appear, top to bottom, flashing etc etc

If you're really lucky they'll have sound animations as well - clapping, gunshots, cheering etc etc

:(:(

Sound of tyres screeching as the next slide comes into view :angry:

At the moment there is not much that gets on my nerves. I have 2 friends, that will within a month, will both die from cancer. So I've been thinking that the strain that their families are going through that the small things are not to be sweated.

My sympathies are very much with yourself, them and their families and I'm sure everyone on this board will feel the very same. :(