Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

There was a Tv show about 1990 with a guy (rob newman?) who, no matter what he said, always sounded sarcastic.

There's a guy like that at my work and it's really, really annoying. Today, he came in and all he said was, 'Morning' and I'm sure he was meaning to be perfectly pleasant, but I was saying to myself, 'Cheeky b*****d!'

Pot, kettle :lol:

Yes, he's one of these people that accues you of never being abled to admit when they're wrong, when he is exactly the same. :rolleyes:

My nag of the day - not paying attention, putting my things down on top of a glass, smashing said glass and then slicing my hand on that glass when trying to clear up the mess caused by not paying attention and putting my things down on top of the glass.

Lots of blood. :green

Phoenix's post just reminds me of the people from Vodafone who fone me up, and ask me if I'm happy with their service. The woman on the other end of the phone is that incompetent, that they still phone me up, even though I'm with Orange now, and have been for over 6 months.

'Are you happy with the service Vodafone provides you?'

'I'm not with Vodafone anymore.'

'So you're happy with the service that they provide then?

'I'm not with them anymore.'

(Code: 'In that they provide me with sweet fa, then yes.' :angry::rolleyes:

I'm not with them anymore so I couldn't give a toss about their service tbh.) :rolleyes::D

:D

Just to point out that the woman on the end of the phone will most likely have no control over who she's phoning, given that she'll almost certainly be using an automated dialer with a preset file of contacts ;)

The fault lies with whoever you spoke to when you cancelled your contract, as they should've taken you off the file.

Oh BTW, I take it those of you who "hate" telesales workers would prefer them to be on the dole rather than trying to earn money in a job that, believe me, they'll hate just as much as the average customer hates getting the call? :rolleyes:

Oh BTW, I take it those of you who "hate" telesales workers would prefer them to be on the dole rather than trying to earn money in a job that, believe me, they'll hate just as much as the average customer hates getting the call? :rolleyes:

I dont really "hate" telesales workers per se, just hate if they dont take no for an answer. Then i just hang up on them so again, wouldnt say i hate them, they are inconsequencial. :D

I dont really "hate" telesales workers per se, just hate if they dont take no for an answer. Then i just hang up on them so again, wouldnt say i hate them, they are inconsequencial. :D

There's a reason they don't take no for an answer - the job depends on them objection-handling. Trust me, I was taken off the phones because I did take no for an answer.

I don't mind tele-sales people, but I got called by a machine today. I feel guilty about hanging up on a person, but not a machine. :lol:

I always hang up on machines - it's generally a con anyway ;)

Just to point out that the woman on the end of the phone will most likely have no control over who she's phoning, given that she'll almost certainly be using an automated dialer with a preset file of contacts ;)

The fault lies with whoever you spoke to when you cancelled your contract, as they should've taken you off the file.

I hate telesales people who blatantly lie. I also hate this new technique of trying to be my pal when I first answer the phone -

Me - "Hello"

teleseller - "Hi, how you doing tonight?"

Me - "What do you want?"

teleseller - "You had a good day then?"

Me - "What do you want?" ....

and then they go into their blurb. Im sorry, but whoever came up with that opener should be shot. :rolleyes:

I actually dont mind getting called anymore. It happens very very very rarely now that we're listed with the Telephone Preference Service. First thing I do now is ask for the company name and address - this really throws them and when they eventually get round to asking why, you can hear them physically squirm when you say "Cause this number is registered with TPS and you shouldnt be phoning. So I need your companies name and address to report you" :lol:

The last one tried to fob me off with a blatant lie - "Errr, we're between offices at the moment" :rolleyes: my gf nearly spat her drink out when I said "So you're calling me from the street then?" When I pressed him for his address again, he said "Aberdeen" <_<

At this point I got bored and hung up.

Having worked in inbound and outbound call centres, written and given call centre training and managed in a call centre I am officially telesellers worst nightmares :lol::D

Perhaps I'm just having a crap day, but the airport have now started 'piped birdsong' through the tannoys in the main terminal and departure lounges, probably thinking it's soothing and restful as background noise.

IT ISN'T!!!

I hate telesales people who blatantly lie. I also hate this new technique of trying to be my pal when I first answer the phone -

Me - "Hello"

Me - "What do you want?"

Me - "What do you want?" ....

and then they go into their blurb. Im sorry, but whoever came up with that opener should be shot. :rolleyes:

What you should do is:

Me - "Hello"

Me - "What do you want?"

Me - "Not, really. Actually I'm glad you called as I've been depressed these last few months and having someone to speak to might help me through the evening."

teleseller - "Oh, erm **pre-written plot/pitch now well fcuked**, what's the problem?"

Me - **start off on some of your own pre-written blurb that ensures they can't continue with their pitch**

warning - if it's someone from your local church, your friar tucked, otherwise it can be quite amusing, especially if you try to imagine them squirming on the other end of the line.

What you should do is:

Me - "Hello"

Me - "What do you want?"

Me - "Not, really. Actually I'm glad you called as I've been depressed these last few months and having someone to speak to might help me through the evening."

teleseller - "Oh, erm **pre-written plot/pitch now well fcuked**, what's the problem?"

Me - **start off on some of your own pre-written blurb that ensures they can't continue with their pitch**

warning - if it's someone from your local church, your friar tucked, otherwise it can be quite amusing, especially if you try to imagine them squirming on the other end of the line.

:lol:

I did think of that and might try it if it happens again. Although, they might try and convince me that my life will improve if I get a quote for a new kitchen <_<

Why is it incumbent on us, the consumer, to give a f**k about how some company runs its business?

I could quite easily fob everything off at my job by saying, "Oh, but I was TOLD to do it" or "That's how the BOSS runs things" but the people I'm dealing with would quite rightly tell me to deal with it anyway. I come into work each morning of my own free will - I wasn't press-ganged into it and thus the responsibilites I'm given are my responsibilities alone.

I'm fairly certain that a lot of this "they're only following orders" tripe is propogated by people in high-up positions in call-centre-using companies trying to give their employees moral authority so that nobody challenges how badly-run they are.

As for whether or not they're on the dole, I'm not particularly bothered either way.

Sorry to sound harsh here but it really annoys me that a simple complaint is so bloody difficult these days because people sitting at a phone are "just doing their job."

Edited by Swampy

I hate people who fob work off and say "they're just doing their job". It's the ultimate way of passing the buck.

and is also morally and sometimes even legally wrong.

As in the Nurnberg trials, you were held accountable for your actions even if you were following 'orders'. Or in the trials of criminals who were only following their bosses orders.

or bleat bleat.

Next up:

fcuking mobile phones that start ringing during lectures. I'm paying three grand for my masters, if you want to take a call during lectures, then fcuk off and don't do it in one of mine.

Booya. Correct with the mobiles. One of my lecturers in first year actually left the room whenever mobiles started going off, such was his annoyance. At first I thought this was unfair on those of us that weren't inconsiderate cocks but it had the desired effect: the number of mobiles going off lessened.

The same must be said of cinemas. There should be stock footage for when mobiles go off, maybe of De Niro telling you to shut up.

Edited by Swampy