Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest The Phoenix

And another thing about telesales staff - How come they always seem to be called Robert or Christine and yet you have trouble understanding a word they say because it's quite obvious from their accent that they are phoning from Bombay?

Before anyone starts this isn't in any way a racist taunt - all I'm asking is that they use their birth name. I don't mind who I speak to or where they are from, just be honest(*) with me.

:unsure:

(*) - Apologies for contradiction in terms - honest / telesales

Guest The Phoenix

They're told to use "British" names. Apparently people are more likely to be forthcoming with steve than Sadiq.

Doesn't work for me, I'd rather speak to Sadiq and not understand him than speak to Steve and wonder why he was called Steve ;)

They're told to use "British" names. Apparently people are more likely to be forthcoming with steve than Sadiq.

Some of the companies who've outsourced their call centres to India have spent a lot of time and effort patronising their staff to be more British. Everything from voice coaching (with regional accents!) to shipping over newspapers and episodes of Corrie and football matches.

And yet, its still blatantly obvious where they are :rolleyes:

There was a guy phoned me once called Angus. I asked him if that was his real name, and he said no. :lol:

We have offices in China, and all the staff there take British names, there is one Angus. I also love the chat with my colleagues Legend and Jazzy :lol:

I phoned for some train times and got someone who sounded like a spit of Apu from the simpson's who introduced himself as 'Paddy' :huh::lol:

We have offices in China, and all the staff there take British names, there is one Angus. I also love the chat with my colleagues Legend and Jazzy :lol:

We have a guy named "Wonder" who hails from the Orient.

Are you sure its not a woman? :lol:

I've never actually talked to Wonder, just seen him/her referenced (I believe the kids call it "name-checked") in an email. I hope never to find out.

Pleeease tell me his surname is Jeff and he has a friend called the Fresh Prince? :lol:

It's nearly as good as that - his full name is Jazzy Tang.

I hope never to meet him, as it could only be disappointing :lol: