Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My moan for the day...

Lazy customers who don't put their trolleys into proper trolley loading bays on nights like tonight where the wind blows them into parked cars. I think the term I'm looking for is...

Gid ain. :rolleyes:

It was by sheer luck that my car wasn't hit by one of the flying trolleys, it hit the car to my left and the car second on my right. If they're not opening their doors onto your car, or plain driving into it, they're leaving their trolleys to crash into it. How about our trolley boys go on strike and see how they like it!

If the trolley boys went on strike, I'd just leave my trolley in the staff car park.

Just to annoy people like you! :P

If the trolley boys went on strike, I'd just leave my trolley in the staff car park.

Just to annoy people like you! :P

It's not an issue when it's a normal day, but you'd think these fannies would exercise some common sense when it's gale force winds outside. It's utter laziness. When we go shopping, my dad is guilty of the same thing, I make him put the trolley back where he got it from or into a holding area. Another thing that gets on my nerves are these arsehole customers who come through self scan with trolleys for six items, then leave the trolleys despite the fact that on their way out, they walk past the trolley area.

Damn, damn, damn. I hate customers.

People who moan about their work when they're not at work. As far as I'm concerned you can be a moaning c*** while you're actually doing the crappy job you have to (God knows I am) but give a rest out of hours.

Work related crap finishes the moment you clock off/leave the office or factory or whatever.

People who moan about their work when they're not at work. As far as I'm concerned you can be a moaning c*** while you're actually doing the crappy job you have to (God knows I am) but give a rest out of hours.

Work related crap finishes the moment you clock off/leave the office or factory or whatever.

I'll talk about what I want, when I want.

Thanks very much! :)

I can't be a moaning c'nt when I'm at work because I work with the public and have to fake niceness to them, therefore I make my grievances known outside of work, or behind customers backs as they walk away from me - whichevers easiest! :lol:

It's not an issue when it's a normal day, but you'd think these fannies would exercise some common sense when it's gale force winds outside. It's utter laziness. When we go shopping, my dad is guilty of the same thing, I make him put the trolley back where he got it from or into a holding area. Another thing that gets on my nerves are these arsehole customers who come through self scan with trolleys for six items, then leave the trolleys despite the fact that on their way out, they walk past the trolley area.

Damn, damn, damn. I hate customers.

Whilst I put my trolley away, due to leaving it lying around causing obstruction, I can't really blame folk for not putting them away. That's what checkout and trolley monkeys are paid for.

At a restuarant, do you take your plate back? No, 'cos that's someone's job to do it for you. Customer service and all that. Next time you see a trolley lying unattended, be a dear and put it away. It's your job afetr all. Seriously.

Whilst I put my trolley away, due to leaving it lying around causing obstruction, I can't really blame folk for not putting them away. That's what checkout and trolley monkeys are paid for.

At a restuarant, do you take your plate back? No, 'cos that's someone's job to do it for you. Customer service and all that. Next time you see a trolley lying unattended, be a dear and put it away. It's your job afetr all. Seriously.

I'm neither a checkout operator nor a trolley boy. Seriously.

Are you a trolley dolly then? :P

Is it some sort of fantasy of yours, David? ;)

Nah, I could never be a trolley person, I could never push the amount of trolleys the boys do and god knows more cars would take a beating than normal. I can hardly steer one, let alone twenty! :ph34r:

I'll talk about what I want, when I want.

Thanks very much! :)

I can't be a moaning c'nt when I'm at work because I work with the public and have to fake niceness to them, therefore I make my grievances known outside of work, or behind customers backs as they walk away from me - whichevers easiest! :lol:

Fair enough.

Maybe I've been doing what I do too long but I just cant be arsed getting annoyed at customers anymore. I tend to just ignore them for a while and adopt the attiude of not really caring. When they're relying on us to fix their pc/server/network or whatever they soon come round.

e.g some person was being a complete twat on the phone. I could fix their problem in 5 mins. Nah, I think I'll let them stew for an hour or two. :)

There, I've just broken my rule on talking about work.

Fair enough.

Maybe I've been doing what I do too long but I just cant be arsed getting annoyed at customers anymore. I tend to just ignore them for a while and adopt the attiude of not really caring. When they're relying on us to fix their pc/server/network or whatever they soon come round.

e.g some person was being a complete twat on the phone. I could fix their problem in 5 mins. Nah, I think I'll let them stew for an hour or two. :)

There, I've just broken my rule on talking about work.

Oh yeah, I can beat that!

Last night, a man went to buy a phone and the checkout operator (note, GC, not me as I am not one) told him that he would qualify for a £20 discount if he purchased £40 worth of shopping and the phone at the same time. So he decided to leave the phone, go and get a trolley and do his weekly shop. So he went through a different checkout, paid for £55 worth of shopping THEN the phone and when he was told he no longer qualified for a discount because he hadn't bought the two together, he went mental. He was extremely rude to the poor guy on the customer service desk and very loudly informed him that we had made him an offer, he had accepted said offer and as such a contract was formed and it was legally binding! :lol:

Two managers and one hour later, the customer service manager buckled and gave him his £20 discount. If I had been her, I wouldn't have given him it just to see him fizz even more.

Some people just shouldn't be allowed near shops. :lol:

So what do you do then? I'm sure looking after your customers/paymasters aint above you.

Supervise Self Service.

It's basic common sense that a checkout operator who is sitting on a checkout in the store and a self service assistant who is supervising self service in the store isn't expected to clear trolleys left by lazy customers before they crash into cars outside.

Therefore it definately isn't my job to move trolleys. In any case, I take on board your point that other people are paid to keep the car park tidy but there are little shelters dotted around the car park. Why people can't move their trolley into one is beyond me!

Oh yeah, I can beat that!

Last night, a man went to buy a phone and the checkout operator (note, GC, not me as I am not one) told him that he would qualify for a £20 discount if he purchased £40 worth of shopping and the phone at the same time. So he decided to leave the phone, go and get a trolley and do his weekly shop. So he went through a different checkout, paid for £55 worth of shopping THEN the phone and when he was told he no longer qualified for a discount because he hadn't bought the two together, he went mental. He was extremely rude to the poor guy on the customer service desk and very loudly informed him that we had made him an offer, he had accepted said offer and as such a contract was formed and it was legally binding! :lol:

Two managers and one hour later, the customer service manager buckled and gave him his £20 discount. If I had been her, I wouldn't have given him it just to see him fizz even more.

Some people just shouldn't be allowed near shops. :lol:

Have to say, the customer was right here. He was offered a deal and the checkout operator failed to put it through in the same transaction, knowing full well that the offer was made. Bunch of con merchants. It's a disgrace he had to argue.

Have to say, the customer was right here. He was offered a deal and the checkout operator failed to put it through in the same transaction, knowing full well that the offer was made. Bunch of con merchants. It's a disgrace he had to argue.

Mince he was. He was being thick and self centred, just like folk who don't put their trolleys away. I sincerely hope his phone doesn't work. :D

Not really.

He was told that the offer only came off when he bought £40 worth of goods independant of the phone (ie groceries) in the same transaction at the first till he went through. At the second till he went through, he queried the offer and was told again that it would only come off if he paid the groceries and the phone on the same transaction at the same time. His choice to pay for them seperately left Tesco with no obligation to give him any discount although he had purchased more than £40 worth of goods. Still, what a rude c'nt. I'm sure Debbie has even better stories of customer rudeness than I could give you.

Like last week, the Da Vinci Code was reduced to £9 something when you spent £30 or more on other items in the same transaction but people were just reading the £9 something and not the rest of it. I had customers telling me all day that it didn't say that they need to spend £30 or more but every time I went over with them, it was clear as day on the big poster right underneath the price!

Not really.

He was told that the offer only came off when he bought £40 worth of goods independant of the phone (ie groceries) in the same transaction at the first till he went through. At the second till he went through, he queried the offer and was told again that it would only come off if he paid the groceries and the phone on the same transaction at the same time. His choice to pay for them seperately left Tesco with no obligation to give him any discount although he had purchased more than £40 worth of goods. Still, what a rude c'nt. I'm sure Debbie has even better stories of customer rudeness than I could give you.

Like last week, the Da Vinci Code was reduced to £9 something when you spent £30 or more on other items in the same transaction but people were just reading the £9 something and not the rest of it. I had customers telling me all day that it didn't say that they need to spend £30 or more but every time I went over with them, it was clear as day on the big poster right underneath the price!

Shocking customer service :rolleyes::lol:

That's still a checkout operator. I would not consider the folk at my local tesco who 'supervise' the self serve from the normal checkout operators.

My job couldn't be any more different from a normal checkout operator if it tried. I could easily sit down on a checkout and operate one if I wanted to, but any old person on a checkout would have to go through training before working at the self service tills, therefore it's not the same thing whether you consider it to be or not.