Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Shocking customer service :rolleyes::lol:

A better one...

Tesco won't refund anything - say, electrical - that's been bought, used and then returned for no good reason. This woman bought a phone charger which said on the packaging "compatible with most motorolas and samsungs". However, when she tried it on her Samsung phone (having cut the packaging in half, meaning Tesco could not resell it upon her bringing it back in) it didn't work. I warned her that it was highly unlikely that she would get a refund for it because she'd opened it to which she replied "It says it's compatible with most Samsungs, how was I to know it wouldn't work in my *Samsung* phone". I was stumped, I had no answer! :lol:

Needless to say she didn't get a refund and put in a complaint. Tesco never refund anything that they'll not be able to resell. And people wonder how they are so well off! :ph34r:

:unsure: Training? To work your checkout?

Why would they need training? You expect customers to work the checkout themselves yet hate them when they have problems, but you need trained?

How odd!

Goodnight!

Indeed, the only part not included in staff training for the supervision of self scan tills is the actual shopping mode because it's so easy to use that nobody should have any trouble using it.

These machines are so complicated for staff and engineers to work in order to make it so easy for customers to use - quote NCR unquote. Training lies in things you don't even see when you go through them - the way it's supposed to be! :)

Edited by SaintSam

Training lies in things you don't even see when you go through them - the way it's supposed to be! :)

You mean you weren't able to fix every single possible fault on one of those machines before they gave you the "needless" training? :o

For shame :P

Guest ALF HUCKER

Not really.

He was told that the offer only came off when he bought £40 worth of goods independant of the phone (ie groceries) in the same transaction at the first till he went through. At the second till he went through, he queried the offer and was told again that it would only come off if he paid the groceries and the phone on the same transaction at the same time. His choice to pay for them seperately left Tesco with no obligation to give him any discount although he had purchased more than £40 worth of goods. Still, what a rude c'nt. I'm sure Debbie has even better stories of customer rudeness than I could give you.

Like last week, the Da Vinci Code was reduced to £9 something when you spent £30 or more on other items in the same transaction but people were just reading the £9 something and not the rest of it. I had customers telling me all day that it didn't say that they need to spend £30 or more but every time I went over with them, it was clear as day on the big poster right underneath the price!

ALF would like to point out that there is an unmistakable whiff of menstrual blood filling the air this evening.

He is also nearing his optimum reproductive period (ALF intends no pun) and is only a pm away.

B)

At a restuarant, do you take your plate back?

You have to in the cafe in Ayr Tesco with their clear your own table policy

Along with putting your trolley away, scanning your own shopping at this time of night and then putting the damn stuff in bags when you've done it. Who wants that hassle at 1am? They're just getting too bloody greedy.

As for the stupid self-service tills, couldn't they have made them quick enough to keep up with the customers?

When I use them, they always start their "unexpected item on belt" crap or whatever but I've found if you just ignore them they just shut up because they eventually realise.. er no there isn't.

I once tried to take something back that didn;t have a tag and they looked at me as I'd I'd just crawled out from under a stone.

A few days later I noticed there was an umbrella on display which not only had no tag, it had a huge rip in the handle covering. I was tempted to ask customer services for an explanation but couldn't face their scorn again.

Raw nerve touched <_<

When I use them, they always start their "unexpected item on belt" crap or whatever but I've found if you just ignore them they just shut up because they eventually realise.. er no there isn't.

The machines don't eventually realise that by themselves, without intervention, they would continue to do that for 24 hours a day, seven days a week if left to it. Cough, cough. You have people like me to thank for telling the computers there isn't an unexpected item and allowing you to carry on with your shopping. Training, Garrowhill, training! ;)

I once tried to take something back that didn;t have a tag and they looked at me as I'd I'd just crawled out from under a stone.

A few days later I noticed there was an umbrella on display which not only had no tag, it had a huge rip in the handle covering. I was tempted to ask customer services for an explanation but couldn't face their scorn again.

The problem is that if there's not a tag on it, checkout operators shouldn't sell it for the reason that you can't take things back without a tag on it. The problem with that is that they don't tell checkout operators that in training.

The machines don't eventually realise that by themselves, without intervention, they would continue to do that for 24 hours a day, seven days a week if left to it. Cough, cough. You have people like me to thank for telling the computers there isn't an unexpected item and allowing you to carry on with your shopping. Training, Garrowhill, training! ;)

Wrong - I long ago stopped bothering to summon assistance because it isn't necessary.

Wrong - I long ago stopped bothering to summon assistance because it isn't necessary.

I'm not wrong.

The unexpected item error is entirely controlled by the member of staff looking after the tills at the time. It never, and I repeat never just realises by itself. If it did, what would be the point in having the scales that weight the items beneath the belts/bagging areas? They are a security measure and will only clear once told to or once the item has been removed. I or the customer either lifts the last thing they put in back out - which would clear the error or I would clear it either at my screen or the actual till you are using. It never corrects itself without one of these interventions. Just because you didn't summon assistance, doesn't mean assistance wasn't given to you at the assistance screen which controls all of the self service checkouts.

Don't argue with me. I'm trained. :smartass:lol:

Edited by SaintSam

I'm not wrong.

The unexpected item error is entirely controlled by the member of staff looking after the tills at the time. It never, and I repeat never just realises by itself. I or the customer either lifts the last thing they put in back out - which would clear the error or I would clear it either at my screen or the actual till you are using. It never corrects itself without one of these interventions.

Don't argue with me. I'm trained. :smartass:lol:

Honestly, you just wait - whatever happened to the customer always being right? :rolleyes:

That's what's wrong with this bloody country etc etc

whatever happened to the customer always being right? :rolleyes:

By that logic (and it's something I'll try before I'm dead), I could walk into a shop, say that item X is free, and the staff would have to agree with me......

......I like that logic :D

Honestly, you just wait - whatever happened to the customer always being right? :rolleyes:

That's what's wrong with this bloody country etc etc

:lol:

The customer is very rarely right, trust me. Nine out of ten errors at self service are caused by customers not doing it right, the other one is caused by unavoidable malfunctions that come with most machines.

Right there, you just typified so many customers that use self service and argue with me about how they work. I know how they work, I know too well how they work, I hear the damn womans voice in my sleep, I bet you don't. No wonder I'm moving to a different department. :lol::lol::D;)

You know, this reminds me of a call I had while flogging Kitchen Appliance Care to existing British Gas customers. One rather dense member of the "great" British public was on the phone for 15 minutes complaining about pretty much everything.

Yeah, that was normal, but there was a couple of belters from this customer. Now, the extras to the basic HomeCare package (this isn't a British Gas plug BTW - I don't want you lot adding to my workload now) are pretty accurately named - this didn't prevent this MENSA candidate (aye, right) from questioning why her Plumbing and Drains cover didn't care for her taps, and why her light fittings weren't protected by Home Electrical Wiring cover.

There's also the customers who ask if their shower unit is a kitchen appliance - they're probably beyond help though. :D

But yeah, the customer is always right :lol:

The customer is very rarely right, trust me. Nine out of ten errors at self service are caused by customers not doing it right, the other one is caused by unavoidable malfunctions that come with most machines.

Right there, you just typified so many customers that use self service and argue with me about how they work. I know how they work, I know too well how they work, I hear the damn womans voice in my sleep, I bet you don't. No wonder I'm moving to a different department. :lol::lol::D;)

Customer service perchance?

But how often do errors occur at these self service checkouts? If it's often then there's obviously a design fault or instructions aren't clear enough for the customers.

It's no good saying that a lot of customers are stupid (which they no doubt are), stupid customers are still your customers. They're not trying to make your life difficult, you're there to give them the best/easiest shopping experience. After all, they effectively pay your wages.

The reason I'msaying all this is that I decided to use the self service tills after reading about how convenient and easy it was ON THIS VERY FORUM. The wifey had to give me assistance 4 times. I could have been through a normal till about 7 times over. In my defence there was a 'technical problem', but it was quite embarassing.

Yeah, that was normal, but there was a couple of belters from this customer. Now, the extras to the basic HomeCare package (this isn't a British Gas plug BTW - I don't want you lot adding to my workload now) are pretty accurately named - this didn't prevent this MENSA candidate (aye, right) from questioning why her Plumbing and Drains cover didn't care for her taps, and why her light fittings weren't protected by Home Electrical Wiring cover.

I thought those underlined bits would be links to the appropriate page on the British Gas website, Caldy. I'm now reporting you for not doing your job properly :P