Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Speaking of the Fresh Prince... am I the only one who laughs every time Geoffrey the butler appears on screen in Eastenders now? :unsure:

:lol:

When he came in for the first time in that big fancy car and had a flit with Pat I was on the deck.

G :lol:

Just to point out that the woman on the end of the phone will most likely have no control over who she's phoning, given that she'll almost certainly be using an automated dialer with a preset file of contacts ;)

The fault lies with whoever you spoke to when you cancelled your contract, as they should've taken you off the file.

Oh BTW, I take it those of you who "hate" telesales workers would prefer them to be on the dole rather than trying to earn money in a job that, believe me, they'll hate just as much as the average customer hates getting the call? :rolleyes:

Tbh mate, I don't hate the people at all, as I know as well as you do that they are only doing a job and perhaps don't take sadistic pleasure out of annoying me. :rolleyes:

I juts hate the calls because they are annoying. Also as was said in someone else's post, when they don't take no for an answer.

No offence of annoyance intended Coddy.

:D

Tbh mate, I don't hate the people at all, as I know as well as you do that they are only doing a job and perhaps don't take sadistic pleasure out of annoying me. :rolleyes:

I juts hate the calls because they are annoying. Also as was said in someone else's post, when they don't take no for an answer.

No offence of annoyance intended Coddy.

:D

Trust me, making the same call over and over and over and over and over again is just as bad - that was why my talk time with British Gas was so low! :lol:

The taking no for an answer thing, I can understand - it's bad enough when someone face-to-face doesn't do it. I was far too "polite" when on the phone, in that if someone wasn't interested, I'd thank them for their time and end the call, something which I was "advised" to stop doing as it was affecting my sales figures. Now, I've been shunted to admin, and only have to phone people who actually want one of our products if I have to confirm details - it's much better :P

Can't be bothered going back to quote whoever complained about the ice-breakers used, but I agree completely about that - if you have to contact someone, why waste their time with a pointless question?

Let me get this straight.

Are you saying that the guy who played "Geoffrey" the butler in 'The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air' now has a part in EastEnders? :o

:lol:

Yeah, possibly the most jaw-dropping moment in television this year. He plays a womanising, Jamaican man.

Anyway, it's something else to add to "The Things That Couldn't Have Happened In Eastenders"... for example, Are You Being Served and Dad's Army.