Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just now, Jmothecat2 said:

Is it a new thing in Athletics that if you go early you get punted instantly? I thought you got an extra chance but one of the competitors in one of the races just slipped out of the blocks and was instantly disqualified. Seems really harsh.

You used to get a second chance. Just been talking about that. Dunno when they changed it. That one was harsh. 

Is it a new thing in Athletics that if you go early you get punted instantly? I thought you got an extra chance but one of the competitors in one of the races just slipped out of the blocks and was instantly disqualified. Seems really harsh.

The lassie who won is a total Wid.

You used to get a second chance. Just been talking about that. Dunno when they changed it. That one was harsh. 

I seem to remember them changing it so that if there was one false start then everyone was on a final warning. Early 2000s I think. Before that everyone got two chances. Somehow missed them making it an instant disqualification though.

I assume everyone else on here jas heard the same tired pish excuses as I have all their lives. Most popular is "ma da'/granda supported Rangers/Celtic".

There is not one single possible explanation for two teams from Glasgow being popular all over the country except success. Would have more respect for folk if they just admitted that.

My step-son got that from his Dad - " But Celtic is the family team . . ."

Thankfully he's taken no notice and follows the Dees.

Shame he's no taste when it comes to his English team - Chavski.

[emoji21]

57 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Wikipedia:

Currently (2016), if there is a false start, they are signalled by firing the starting gun twice. The race is stopped and the offending athletes are immediately disqualified. Before 2003, an athlete making a false start would be allowed another start and would only be disqualified after a second false start. Between 2003 and 2009 (inclusive), if there was a single false start, then the whole field would be warned, and the original offender would be allowed a second start. If anyone made a false start on the second start, then they would be disqualified (even if they did not false start the first time).

Wikipedia:
Currently (2016), if there is a false start, they are signalled by firing the starting gun twice. The race is stopped and the offending athletes are immediately disqualified. Before 2003, an athlete making a false start would be allowed another start and would only be disqualified after a second false start. Between 2003 and 2009 (inclusive), if there was a single false start, then the whole field would be warned, and the original offender would be allowed a second start. If anyone made a false start on the second start, then they would be disqualified (even if they did not false start the first time).

It's the between 2003 and 2009 thing then that I thought was still the case. No idea how I managed to miss the change in the past 8 years of watching Athletics often enough to really know better.

I've realised that it's not just Edinburgh when the Fringe is on that you get complete tossers wandering round the streets in silly costumes.

Fringe1.jpg

It happens in Glasgow too.

Fringe2.jpg

Edited by GordonD

Pompous left wing political comedians who use their "wit" on social media to try and make less well educated, working class people look stupid.

If someone has "objectionable" views then there's ways and means to try and change their views rather than trying to get others to laugh at them.

People who take a piss in the cubicles at public toilets. I'm at the Transport Museum in Glasgow, need a shite so I go into the toilets and there's only one cubicle, a guy then nips in in front of me and steals the cubicle and I can hear he is just taking a piss and then leaving. Why!? There are perfectly good urinals that are free but I've got to wait to take a shite because you are too good for urinals?

9 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

People who take a piss in the cubicles at public toilets. I'm at the Transport Museum in Glasgow, need a shite so I go into the toilets and there's only one cubicle, a guy then nips in in front of me and steals the cubicle and I can hear he is just taking a piss and then leaving. Why!? There are perfectly good urinals that are free but I've got to wait to take a shite because you are too good for urinals?

Maybe he didn't want you staring at his cock.

I know a guy who constantly wears the sellick shirt abroad and loves to tell you how great the hoops are.
Few weeks ago he was telling the reat of us lads that he would love to come with us to watch Falkirk but he's a "dyed in the wool sellick fan"
He hasn't been to Parkhead since they made it all seated.
I reckon I've been there around 10 - 15 times since then. I must be a die hard Sellick man.

Was walking down to my car last night and walked by a guy who lives in our street, he was out cleaning his car in full Celtic kit, complete with a captains armband!