Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Wimbledon Tennis, the crowd hand clapping whilst they wait for a Hawkeye decision. Childish behaviour that you would expect from hooray Henrys and Henriettas I suppose.

Also the way that the media make "personalities" out of sportsmen's families. Would we even have heard of Judith Murray if her sons hadn't been successful. 

Wimbledon Tennis, the crowd hand clapping whilst they wait for a Hawkeye decision. Childish behaviour that you would expect from hooray Henrys and Henriettas I suppose

Only a matter of time before football crowds start doing it whilst waiting for the VAR decision

57 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Only a matter of time before football crowds start doing it whilst waiting for the VAR decision

If it takes as long to get a VAR decision as it has in the trials they won't have any skin left on their hands. 

That brings me back to tennis, but is the camera angle during women's tennis not as low or close in as it used to be when Chrissy Evert was at her peak. I'm sure I didn't need my chair so close to the telly back then. On the plus side it does make wiping the screen a bit easier.

These tennis players have a PTTGOYN.. the new Nike Court Premier Dress. Sorry if mentioned elsewhere on P&B

Katie Swan (18) had to tuck hers into her pants....

nintchdbpict000248171189-e1467154278163.

Katie Boulter (20) came up with the clever solution of wearing a headband around her midriff:

29NIKEDRESS2-master768.jpg

However, Eugenie Bouchard (23) defended the design though, praising the freedom of movement it offers:

29NIKEDRESS4-master675.jpg

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

These tennis players have a PTTGOYN.. the new Nike Court Premier Dress. Sorry if mentioned elsewhere on P&B

Katie Swan (18) had to tuck hers into her pants....

nintchdbpict000248171189-e1467154278163.

Katie Boulter (20) came up with the clever solution of wearing a headband around her midriff:

29NIKEDRESS2-master768.jpg

However, Eugenie Bouchard (23) defended the design though, praising the freedom of movement it offers:

29NIKEDRESS4-master675.jpg

Either Boulter is incredible skinny or she knows someone with a massive head :unsure:

18 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Sent a document to a colleague there to check through and make any changes/corrections/updates etc to the document (track changes).

He's just emailed me back with a list of changes that he thinks need done.

Fucking p***k.

Shoulf have got it right in the first place then no list.

19 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Sent a document to a colleague there to check through and make any changes/corrections/updates etc to the document (track changes).

Fucking p***k.

Send it back saying he's done it wrong.

24 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Fucking p***k.

So, he did what you asked him to do, corrected your mistakes, and he's the p***k? Ok!

37 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I asked him to make the corrections and any changes he wanted to make on the document not email me a list of things for me to do.

You're not sitting in an office in Dundee downstairs from me are you?

Why have a dog and bark yourself?

No. 

The recent phenomenon of someone tweeting something mildly amusing or caring being worthy of writing an article about. Facebook is full of them.

'Footballer Peter Crouch posted a picture on Twitter that BROKE the Internet'

You scroll down, it has some background about Crouch then:

'His funny tweet has been retweeted by 7,797 people!'

You scroll down more and there's a bit more useless background information.

'Crouch was on his holiday when he tweeted this picture: '

And it shows a picture of Crouch with some giraffes and a caption about him spending time with family.

'The replies BROKE the Internet'

Then they show some replies to the tweet.

How do they spin one mildly amusing tweet into a long article that you need to scroll down for ages to even see?

So you're the sort of person who takes the Clickbait. You are a disappointment.

There were no dogs involved.  Anyway, as a co-author on the report he had responsibilities and shirked them. I've put a mark down against him now and will no doubt replace his Hungarian screen saver with Romanian flag at some point this week.

Better still put up an Austrian flag with two people clinking glasses in a cheers like fashion.

6 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The Tour de France.

3 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

It's the worst. Watching folk racing each other on bikes shouldn't be boring but somehow they managed it.

I love the TDF. I can lose a whole day watching them cycle up a hill.

It should be boring but it's kind of mesmeric and transedent.

I feel at peace with the world whilst it's on. The adverts are annoying though, they break the spell