Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Menus that don't specify what unit of currency, e.g. 7.00 or 7.50 rather than £7.00 or £7.50.

Saves having to reprint the menus post Brexit when you move to shillings and pence

And for that matter, you can add people who loudly declare how much they hate football to this list.
Or gormless fuckers, normally bored housewives who watch Love Island and suck off the postman, who like saying "football fans are a bunch of hooligans"

12 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I’ve mentioned this in a slightly different context but I hate people who call everyone “mate”. I have a useless work colleague who calls everyone mate when fobbing work off.

I’m watching “Call The Cops” and the police call everyone “mate”.

12 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

A spotty 17 year old youth called me “mate” in a shop the other day.

p***k.

At least these are IRL. There are posters on here who call most folk they talk to on an anonymous forum "mate". 

Or gormless fuckers, normally bored housewives who watch Love Island and suck off the postman, who like saying "football fans are a bunch of hooligans"

I have people I know who insist on telling me how much better rugby is than football.

“Footballers are pussies and football fans are all lads lads lads and thugs”

“No tell me something good about rugby”

“THEY’RE REAL MEN”

“No no, tell me about the sport, why is it better?”

“The atmosphere at rugby is just friendlier”

“Ok then. Bye.”

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:
2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

And for that matter, you can add people who loudly declare how much they hate football to this list.

Presumably not at the same time, else you wouldn't be able to make out what they were saying.

15 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Auld gits who feel the need to needlessly whistle in any situation. Tuneless, random whistling, in the gym changing room, on a bus, in a coffee shop, anywhere.

Old Grey Whistle Pests?

Monday night and the lady of the house I'm working in puts on Capital.

It's competition time and to enter you have to text the word Win to them.

They proceed to spell the 3 letter word.

Don't really think a lot of the listening public I guess.

Conservative writer Theodore Dalrymple once wrote a column about how he hated being called mate and would ask people not to. I was looking for it with reference to this thread but instead found this from one of his other articles, great use of mate.

Once, while out walking my dog, a car full of young men drew up to me, and I thought they would want directions to a road nearby. Instead, the driver said to me, ‘Excuse me, mate, can you tell me which way the prostitutes are?’ At that time, there were street-walkers not very far away, all of them drug-addicts: was it right or wrong to tell the young men where to find them? I compromised, and gave them only the vaguest of directions

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I have people I know who insist on telling me how much better rugby is than football.

“Footballers are pussies and football fans are all lads lads lads and thugs”

“No tell me something good about rugby”

“THEY’RE REAL MEN”

“No no, tell me about the sport, why is it better?”

“The atmosphere at rugby is just friendlier”

“Ok then. Bye.”

Had a debate with the guy I'm next to at work about segregation - I think it's brilliant, how much better it is celebrating a last minute goal with 500 Saints fans all together in one corner of Easter Road instead of dotted about in a crowd of 15,000. 

His answer - nah it's better to get it right up them straight in their faces. 

Sounds really fucking friendly.

I only really noticed this last night watching the news and realised it annoyed me, but it's been going on since we started filming things.  News reporter will be interviewing someone, the camera will be fixed on the person being interviewed. Then, at any given random point, the camera will switch to the interviewer showing them slowly nodding along, even if whatever has been said doesn't require a nod of understanding. I know there's probably some wanky film makers reason for doing this, but it seems utterly pointless to me.

I can't find a proper gif of this happening, so here's one that sort of makes my point:

Image result for gif showing news reporter nodding

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I only really noticed this last night watching the news and realised it annoyed me, but it's been going on since we started filming things.  News reporter will be interviewing someone, the camera will be fixed on the person being interviewed. Then, at any given random point, the camera will switch to the interviewer showing them slowly nodding along, even if whatever has been said doesn't require a nod of understanding. I know there's probably some wanky film makers reason for doing this, but it seems utterly pointless to me.

I can't find a proper gif of this happening, so here's one that sort of makes my point:

Image result for gif showing news reporter nodding

It's done on one camera, the interview is filmed then the interviewer is filmed trying to look interested, then it's edited to look like a two camera piece.