Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

People who, in my present area, on hearing a Scottish accent can't resist in coming out with the time honoured classic comment :

"Ock aye the noo, Jock"

Scottish born and bred I may me but I don't even know what that means.

Punch them in the throat and when they look shocked just say "sorry, that's how we greet that phrase in Scotland, were you not aware"?

57 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

People who, in my present area, on hearing a Scottish accent can't resist in coming out with the time honoured classic comment :

"Ock aye the noo, Jock"

In a similar vein , I've never heard anyone saying  "Foos yer doos ?" , despite living most of my life in the North-East. 

I tell a lie. I've heard it said occasionally by folk trying (and failing miserably) to take the pish out of Doric speakers

Auld gits who feel the need to needlessly whistle in any situation. Tuneless, random whistling, in the gym changing room, on a bus, in a coffee shop, anywhere. Usually these auld duffers combine their tuneless whistling tourettes with ‘change rattling’.... a pile of coins in their trouser pockets, and their hand plunged into the pocket, constantly churning the coins around. Shooting is too good for these irritating auld fcuks.

Edited by pozbaird

In a similar vein , I've never heard anyone saying  "Foos yer doos ?" , despite living most of my life in the North-East. 
I tell a lie. I've heard it said occasionally by folk trying (and failing miserably) to take the pish out of Doric speakers
I have. The resident bell end at work says it because he is utterly determined to be as Doric as possible and using it in an attention seeking type way. The type who often tries to use overly Doric sentences then stares at you hoping you will ask what he is saying. Cringe.

I’ve mentioned this in a slightly different context but I hate people who call everyone “mate”. I have a useless work colleague who calls everyone mate when fobbing work off.

I’m watching “Call The Cops” and the police call everyone “mate”.

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I’ve mentioned this in a slightly different context but I hate people who call everyone “mate”. I have a useless work colleague who calls everyone mate when fobbing work off.

I’m watching “Call The Cops” and the police call everyone “mate”.

A spotty 17 year old youth called me “mate” in a shop the other day.

p***k.

"Ock aye the noo, Jock"
An Irish jakey asked me for money in Dublin city centre and when I said no, her response was "och aye the noo ya Jock p***k" which was at least quite creative. No idea what any of it means though.

Related to this is the tone deaf "Guys guys cross everything we're gonna break a record!!!1" tweets of the met office when it's like 39 degrees and crops are dying.

Thanks crops dying now.

I hate the way the presenters on Reporting Scotland speak, so unbelievably patronising.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
4 hours ago, A96 said:

I have. The resident bell end at work says it because he is utterly determined to be as Doric as possible and using it in an attention seeking type way. The type who often tries to use overly Doric sentences then stares at you hoping you will ask what he is saying. Cringe.

He does indeed we to be a complete bellend. Who does he support ?

1 minute ago, A96 said:

He does indeed we to be a complete bellend. Who does he support ?

He declared football as being "shite" the other night, as if further evidence was needed. 

You may also have seen me posting recently about trade union bashing, brewdog w****r recently. Same guy. No need for a judge or jury IMO

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

He declared football as being "shite" the other night, as if further evidence was needed. 

You may also have seen me posting recently about trade union bashing, brewdog w****r recently. Same guy. No need for a judge or jury IMO

I concur.  Hanging's too good for the fat , pasty-faced p***k. Well, that's I how imagine him.

1 minute ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Menus that give prices in the format of numerals rather than pounds and pence. e.g. 7 or 7.5 rather than 7.00 or 7.50.

Menus that don't specify what unit of currency, e.g. 7.00 or 7.50 rather than £7.00 or £7.50.

And for that matter, you can add people who loudly declare how much they hate football to this list.