Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Forced software updates for the sake of software updates just to keep programmers busy.

By this I clearly mean Windows 10 that has removed some great little quirks and replaced it all with a clunky pile of shite.

Eta:  what was the name of the Windows 7 photo viewer that had the auto-correct function?  It had a red icon (I think) and wasn't 'Windows Photo Viewer'.

Edited by Hedgecutter

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I see it (desktop version).

I can't see A96's gif though, although posting a text file to show an image was always going to be an ambitious move.

5noHKsb.jpg

Ambitious ?  .... fvkkin clueless more like 

Any tips on what I should've done ?   Preferably how you would explain it to the village idiot

Twats at football who think they're the team manager and give advice to players throughout the game. I don't mean shouting the odd comment at a player along the lines of "shoot man". I mean the sort of twats who keep it up for 90 minutes. 
There was a guy called "Coach" at Linlithgow Rose for many years but he was quite entertaining. The guy I had to suffer hearing today was just a twat. 

Similar to this.
Supporters who think they are experts on formations and playing styles.
Shut the f**k up ... you'd laugh if a team manager/coach came along and told you how to do your job.

On 16/08/2019 at 18:31, Torpar said:

Similar to Shandon Par's tale of card fraud, I received an email on Tuesday evening thanking me for my order on Skip the Dishes, some cheeky scamp had hacked my account and ordered some kebabs to an address in Quebec. Contacted Skip the Dishes who cancelled the order and said they would launch a fraud investigation, called my credit card company who cancelled the card, both places said to file a police report.

Filed one online with Toronto Police, haven't heard back yet, fair enough, Toronto is a huge city and a little fraud probably isn't top of their list of priorities, what with the rampant gun crime and 37 murders so far this year to deal with. 

Filed a report with the police department of Laval, Quebec on Wednesday morning, received an email at 11.30 am saying my report has been assigned to an officer, received a second email at 11.35 saying my report had been cancelled. The message basically said if Toronto police ask for our help themselves we will help them, otherwise we can't be arsed with this. If Laval was a big city I might understand but considering they have only had 8 murders this year it just seems lazy.

In short Quebec is petty and gets on my nerves

Image result for image of a gallic shrug

1 hour ago, bud1876 said:

Similar to this.
Supporters who think they are experts on formations and playing styles.
Shut the f**k up ... you'd laugh if a team manager/coach came along and told you how to do your job.

I think that would only be a fair comparison if the manager/coach telling you how to do your job had spent almost their entire life watching people doing your job with varying degrees of success. I reckon if that was the case they'd be entitled to an opinion on how to do your job. 

I got a barman's job after about 30 years of watching them from the other side. Piece of pish, but you can f**k your lattes and mojitos if it's busy. And you'll get a slice of lemon whatever fucking gin you buy.

Edited by welshbairn

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I got a barman's job after about 30 years of watching them from the other side. Piece of pish, but you can f**k your lattes and mojitos if it's busy. And you'll get a slice of lemon whatever fucking gin you buy.

I'll have a quarter of lime in my Tanqueray 10 and Schweppes, please.

24 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Obviously not a piece of pish if you’re too busy too make drinks and putting the wrong fruit in spirits. 

18 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Obviously not a piece of pish if you’re too busy too make drinks and putting the wrong fruit in spirits. 

Some c***s want fucking cucumber in a Hendricks after you've got 5 glasses of identical looking gin in front of you. They c***s get fucking Gordons, haven't had a complaint yet.

Some c***s want fucking cucumber in a Hendricks after you've got 5 glasses of identical looking gin in front of you. They c***s get fucking Gordons, haven't had a complaint yet.
I do hope its Wetherspoons or a Brewdog, or some utter shitehole equivalent you are working in.

I would hate for it to be somewhere I might actually go and be be parting with my cash and expecting to get what I asked/paid for.

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Fairly cracked the customer/profit, staff/overheads part of business there.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I do hope its Wetherspoons or a Brewdog, or some utter shitehole equivalent you are working in.

I would hate for it to be somewhere I might actually go and be be parting with my cash and expecting to get what I asked/paid for.

It's a delight to see them give a friend a sip to see how marvelous Hendricks tastes compared to bog standard. As I said, no complaints.

Just now, welshbairn said:

It's a delight to see them give a friend a sip to see how marvelous Hendricks tastes compared to bog standard. As I said, no complaints.

Thats a different issue, and one which I broadly agree with you on. 

Just dont rip me off or il punch you right in your fucking hamstring 

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Thats a different issue, and one which I broadly agree with you on. 

Just dont rip me off or il punch you right in your fucking hamstring 

I'll be watching out for stilts, so don't worry, you'll get whatever you order.