Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Ah that colours things differently, I'm on your side now.

You’re right enough that a 2nd birthday party isn’t exactly an ideal event for a piss up but it was first time relatives had seen each other in months and alcohol was obviously going to be involved so it’s was bad form not to show up empty handed. It’s not the first time behaviour like this has gone on from members of her extended family either.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:
What an utter jakeball [mention=40259]throbber[/mention] is. 

Disappointed you didn't take a bottle/cans m8. No one knows throbber better than you.

Still flogging that dead horse? 

Was it known to them beforehand that they could have a drink? If so, poor form on them, bring a bottle ffs.

We always have beer and wine during our get togethers so it didn’t really cross our mind to say there would be drinking going on. It’s quite a lot of work organising a party at your house as many of you will know so I would have thought a couples of beers or a bottle or something wouldn’t have gone amiss regardless.

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

We always have beer and wine during our get togethers so it didn’t really cross our mind to say there would be drinking going on. It’s quite a lot of work organising a party at your house as many of you will know so I would have thought a couples of beers or a bottle or something wouldn’t have gone amiss regardless.

Are your get togethers always kids' parties?

I’m with you on this. If someone invites you to a do of just about any kind you should be bringing something as a gift, even if it’s not booze.

Are your get togethers always kids' parties?

No , it was my sister in laws child and she lives down south and this was the first time she had been up in a few months. Was just a standard get together, was a house warming party in a way as well considering it was the first time they had all come to see the new house.

I had spent the morning getting stuff in for the party like cake, banners and sandwiches and then picked up the child/ parents from the train station so it was a busy old day for myself.

Quite possibly.
They seem pretty normal then. If we were going to a 2 year olds party we would take a present for the wee one. Taking booze or food wouldn't enter my head tbh. We had a birthday party when our daughter turned 1 and put on some food. No one brought anything other than a present for the wee one and I didn't have any issue with it.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
24 minutes ago, throbber said:

Quite possibly.

They seem pretty normal then. If we were going to a 2 year olds party we would take a present for the wee one. Taking booze or food wouldn't enter my head tbh. We had a birthday party when our daughter turned 1 and put on some food. No one brought anything other than a present for the wee one and I didn't have any issue with it.

What would you have done if they didn't bring so much as a gift?

I know but i posted it as a pttgoyn because guests showed up at my house and drank my beer without bringing any themselves. It’s not like I’m being unreasonable by being moderately annoyed by it.

It wouldn’t have bothered me as it wasn’t my child.

I wouldn't have cared tbh. It's not as if she needed any more presents and we didn't invite people just to fleece them of a present for a 1 year old.

If I was going to a party for a child I'd take a present though.