Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Dog walker is the dream job. I've always toyed with just packing in my job and knocking doors to see if they need their dug walked but I'm a shitebag.

You'll end up a suspect on a local Facebook page if you do that.

Especially if you look a bit "eastern Europeany".

6 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Great!

Those people rock.

Yup, I'm not a 'round then streets' dog walker either. Get the dogs in the van, take them somewhere they can get different sounds and smells, and can run crazy with their pals in a safe environment.  I love taking my dogs back to their home wet and manky.  Proof that they've had a great time.

Totally agree with your last two statements.

If you don't mind me asking, how many dogs do you need to take out per day to make a comfortable living?

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If you don't mind me asking, how many dogs do you need to take out per day to make a comfortable living?

I've just counted this week, and I'll  do 30 dog walks by the end of the week.  That's a pretty normal week, and it'll pay the bills.

My fun money normally comes in via also doing home boarding, but that's been virtually nil this year, as nobody's been going on holiday. Under normal circumstances I've got a dog boarding with me nearly every week from May to October, and occasional times in other months. 

Scottish Power are absolute worstcunts. Had nothing but problems with them for the last couple of years and can't even move because they won't sort out my account for billing or give me a normal meter. 
They owe me a few hundred quid of credit and apparently can't refund it due to their latest f**k up. Which they didn't tell me about until I phoned them to complain that my refund was late.
I already rinsed them through the ombudsman for a serious problem involving my personal data last year that took several months to sort. I will gladly do so again but just really need to rid myself of them.
I've no idea of how many hours I've lost in the past few years trying to deal with them. Continually charging 3 or 4 times what I should be paying and blocking any request to switch provider. Highlights from dealing with their complaints department include one guy swearing at me and another telling me that I needed to get my house rewired before they would let me switch.

Been to the Ombudsman twice, both times my complaint was upheld.

Recently moved house and they sent me a final bill of over £500. f**k knows where they got that number from but I just paid it to get shot of them.

c***s

15 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Loved that at the time.  I wonder if I would still find it funny.

Just avoid the godawful remake with Martin Clunes. (Or indeed the belated fourth season of the original without Leonard Rossiter.)

15 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Loved that at the time.  I wonder if I would still find it funny.

It was brilliant. I read the books as well, which were great.

Faintly remember a spin-off with Uncle Jimmy trying to organise a military coup. Cock ups on the catering front ensued.

8 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

It was brilliant. I read the books as well, which were great.

Faintly remember a spin-off with Uncle Jimmy trying to organise a military coup. Cock ups on the catering front ensued.

Fairly Secret Army.

Technically it wasn't a spin-off as it wasn't Uncle Jimmy, but an almost identical character with a different name.  Still played by Geoffrey Palmer, though, and written by David Nobbs.

Fairly Secret Army (TV Series 1984–1986) - Reference View - IMDb

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Great!

Those people rock.

Yup, I'm not a 'round then streets' dog walker either. Get the dogs in the van, take them somewhere they can get different sounds and smells, and can run crazy with their pals in a safe environment.  I love taking my dogs back to their home wet and manky.  Proof that they've had a great time.

Totally agree with your last two statements.

Do you ever take them to the baths or the shows?

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

I've just counted this week, and I'll  do 30 dog walks by the end of the week.  That's a pretty normal week, and it'll pay the bills.

My fun money normally comes in via also doing home boarding, but that's been virtually nil this year, as nobody's been going on holiday. Under normal circumstances I've got a dog boarding with me nearly every week from May to October, and occasional times in other months. 

You ever looked after any blind dogs? 

10 minutes ago, GordonD said:

They must be a bugger to take care of. Once you let them off the lead, how do they find their way back to you?

That's what I'm wondering. My dog is blind and he hasn't had a long long walk since or been let off the lead, kinda feel guilty but he is a bit older now anyway. Gets a daily walk just not a muddy walk or a swim or anything. 

20 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

All this talk of dog walking reminds me: 

What do you do with a dog with no legs? 

Take it out for a drag. 

...And call it Woodbine.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Not done the shows, but we do go to the baths, as below 

2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

You ever looked after any blind dogs? 

Nope. Just ones that act deaf, when it suits them. 

Screenshot_20201216-132006_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Boghead ranter

5 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Not done the shows, but we do go to the baths, as below

When you say "Shows", are you talking about the funfair or a west end musical?

14 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Do you stay in folks houses? Or to the dogs come to your gaff?

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

I've had a tight achilles for a few weeks and by overprotecting it I've managed to exacerbate my old knee injury and caused a bit of hip pain.

This getting old is shite.

Go to the docs?

3 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I'd suggest the dogs stay at his place old chap.

Fair enough I'm sure there are folk who go and live with the dogs in the dogs home, must be weird I would go through all their stuff to find the weird shit