Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

34 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Given I spent the last ten days watching Justified and playing video games versus today where I had to get up before 8am and pretend to look busy all day I’m not sure I agree.

I was nearly three weeks at Christmas, had exhausted most of Netflix and NowTV. Fifa was making me hate certain players IRL they were that shit on the game. 

Abruptly quitting the drink probably didn't help but it was 100% the right thing as in those circumstances with that in the mix it wouldn't be good. 

Fifa was making me hate certain players IRL they were that shit on the game. 

I have had that as well. Jason manford used to do a routine about meeting Micah Richards?? IRL and he was quite cold and off towards him. Turned out he had refused a contract extension for jason in FM.

Eta: wasn’t contract extension. Was that he been turning up late for training.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I was furloughed last March until June but was only getting 80% but I didn't care, I was sat in my shorts and t-shirt all day in the back garden with some cans.  It was brilliant.  The lack of 20% top up from my employer didn't bother me as I was eating less and spending zero on fuel.

100% money on furlough would be heaven.

Would love a summer furlough tbqh.

People just letting their kids run about without looking after them properly.

Was waiting on a train at Charing Cross yesterday and this woman was letting her kid run about the platform. He ran towards me and then was running towards the edge when she finally grabbed him but then let him go again. 

I was getting very anxious at this point that he was going to end up on the track so I walked off to the other end of the platform but he came running back up and stopped in front of me. The woman was like “he is trying to follow you” in a jokey way and I have to admit I lost it a bit (I’d just been at the dentist so was already a bit grumpy) and ended up being a bit rude saying “you need to keep hold of that kid, I’m worried he’ll fall onto the track” She just said “he’ll be ok” and moved away and they left me alone then. 

Railway platforms are not a place to let your kid run about. Ffs

32 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

What a programme. I remember being talked into getting a bus from Elgin to Brechin just to go to Flicks on the basis of seeing it on the Hitman and Her. Sadly Michaela wasn’t there however there were plenty of strapping fermer type wifies to compensate.

2 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Was waiting on a train at Charing Cross yesterday and this woman was letting her kid run about the platform. He ran towards me and then was running towards the edge when she finally grabbed him but then let him go again. 

I was getting very anxious at this point that he was going to end up on the track so I walked off to the other end of the platform but he came running back up and stopped in front of me. The woman was like “he is trying to follow you” in a jokey way and I have to admit I lost it a bit (I’d just been at the dentist so was already a bit grumpy) and ended up being a bit rude saying “you need to keep hold of that kid, I’m worried he’ll fall onto the track” She just said “he’ll be ok” and moved away and they left me alone then. 

Understandable why you'd be worried about that. It would have delayed the train.

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

What a programme. I remember being talked into getting a bus from Elgin to Brechin just to go to Flicks on the basis of seeing it on the Hitman and Her. Sadly Michaela wasn’t there however there were plenty of strapping fermer type wifies to compensate.

There were multiple H&H episodes with Michaela there too .

FWIW, I got a signed photo from Michaela with my name on it, signed "with love, Michaela".  At Mossmorran.

Eta: it had a X at the bottom too.  🥰

Edited by Hedgecutter

Just now, Hedgecutter said:

FWIW, I got a signed photo from Michaela with my name on it, signed "with love, Michaela".  At Mossmorran.

Lucky b*****d.  I've never been to Mossmorran but I did once go to a disco at Didcot Power Station.  Quite the eye opener.

Anyway, PTTGOYN, whats the fascination with Cornwall on the BBC these days? 

20 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Lucky b*****d.  I've never been to Mossmorran but I did once go to a disco at Didcot Power Station.  Quite the eye opener.

All of their executives have weekend homes down there.

My parents told me that if I stood too close to a train on the platform then I'd get sucked under the train and crushed.

They told me this when I was a young child and I believed it for much longer than I care to admit.

It worked though, as I never dicked around on train platforms as a kid.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

My parents told me that if I stood too close to a train on the platform then I'd get sucked under the train and crushed.

They told me this when I was a young child and I believed it for much longer than I care to admit.

It worked though, as I never dicked around on train platforms as a kid.

^ ^ ^ has never gone and stood outside The Mallard with a pint.

35 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Think it's a mixture of the fact that the G7 summit is going to be there and that arsehat Hancock said in his press conference the other day that he was going there for his holidays instead of foreign travel. Hope he chokes on a pasty

35 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

All of their executives have weekend homes down there.

I assume you mean Cornwall and not Didcot Power Station (#rip #nomorediscos)

18 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Think it's a mixture of the fact that the G7 summit is going to be there and that arsehat Hancock said in his press conference the other day that he was going there for his holidays instead of foreign travel. Hope he chokes on a pasty

Ah, the good old G7. G standing for Gimps I presume. 

24 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

^ ^ ^ has never gone and stood outside The Mallard with a pint.

Oddly I've never been to Dingwall! One of the few grounds I've yet to see my team play at.

Hopefully will resolve that next season!

4 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I saw two kids who must have been about 3 and 5 playing a game of running up to the edge of the cliffs at Tintagel and stopping right on the edge while their folks just yapped to another couple. I was too cowardly to say anything directly so just shouted to my mrs "those kids are going to fall off" from about 2m away. That spoiled their potentially fatal fun. 

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Anyway, PTTGOYN, whats the fascination with Cornwall ? 

Sorry

30 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Oddly I've never been to Dingwall! One of the few grounds I've yet to see my team play at.

County was the last ground on my SPFL / HL tour*.  Ended up at Wick (for a Brechin game) and Brora well before that.  This was my first impression of the ground and I'm still trying to work out if this is a typo or if they're just openly racist:

Screenshot_20210119-113824.thumb.png.8674653bfc90a8385519aca75a68b7f7.png

*more accurately, a self-set challenge in front of friends the night before Nevis after a half bottle of Talisker (in order to avoid commiting to be a Munroist with them instead).  Whilst I'm a man of my word, I think the've only climbed 3 munroes since then, the b*****ds

Edited by Hedgecutter