Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Another Go Fund Me page on the go down here, for a woman's funeral this time. The woman was run over and it's being treated as murder apparently which is of course horrendous. But she looks well in to her 50's. How can you not have any kind of savings by that stage? Another example of a GFM page where if the person had taken insurance like everyone else they wouldn't be in this situation. I expect plenty of mugs will contribute though and of course inform the family publicly for some well earned Likes.

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I think the conditions attached to going to the pub etc atm are shite, but its leaving me raging every time I check a pub website (for this rant, Station Hotel Larbert, i'm looking at you) who have been shut since xmas and havent managed to sort out a website with, if not online booking, then just some up to date information. Pish

I've got the last weekend off work and thought I'd look at going into town for a bit to Buck's Bar and then the Bavaria Brauhaus.

Both fully booked 2 and a half weeks in advance.

Pre-Pandemic I never had an issue getting in to either. Get this booking shite in the bin.

Edited by Todd_is_God

39 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Another Go Fund Me page on the go down here, for a woman's funeral this time. The woman was run over and it's being treated as murder apparently which is of course horrendous. But she looks well in to her 50's. How can you not have any kind of savings by that stage? Another example of a GFM page where if the person had taken insurance like everyone else they wouldn't be in this situation. I expect plenty of mugs will contribute though and of course inform the family publicly for some well earned Likes.

Pretty sure not everyone has insurance.

51 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Unpopular opinions for this "borderline" insensitive post

Pretty sure not everyone has insurance.
Clearly not. The most recent one was someone wanting money for their dog. Again, pay a small amount towards insurance every month like responsible dog owners and you wont have to beg other people to bail you out when your beloved pet needs an operation.
Unemployment, incapacity, low pay, high rent...
It's Dumfries. It'd bring a tear to your eye if I told you what's considered high rent here.
^^^ Tory
Never.
Unpopular opinions for this "borderline" insensitive post
Maybe better placed in there but it still makes me angry. If something where insurance would help I can't get my head around why people don't do it. If it's something where insurance refuse to pay out/are at it then that's an entirely different thing altogether and I'd be supportive of such a page.

been watching ITV hub, and theres mair adverts than on live tv, ffs, 5 mins prog followd by 3mins ads, f$£k I totally hate ALL ads. Rant over!
Don't watch anything on the Channel 5 app. The amount of times there seems to be glitch where they show adverts twice is unreal. I actually pay All4 £3.99 a month just to get rid of the majority of their adverts. Been far better viewing since doing so.

6 minutes ago, candalan said:

been watching ITV hub, and theres mair adverts than on live tv, ffs, 5 mins prog followd by 3mins ads, f$£k I totally hate ALL ads. Rant over!

Totally agree. Went to watch something on STV player last night and there was 4 ads before the program including one with Susan Calman which got me raging. When i got past them I moved the slider to see how many adverts they were showing in the middle. It was 8 so I just sacked watching the program

Edited by Wile E Coyote

11 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm 38 and my MH condition mesns I've cant get life insurance.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

There's thousands of folk in the UK in their 50s and older without a penny to their name.

And thousands more every day. 

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

The issue with people having zero savings or life insurance is only going to get worse as the current cohort ages.  

..it's also going to get worse as the last working class people who have managed to put something by (often thanks to "right to buy") have their savings beasted by four-figure weekly "care" home bills. 

Oh, and as RH33 alluded to, the downright refusal of Insurance companies to entertain any policy with a risk of having to pay out on.

26 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

And thousands more every day. 

..it's also going to get worse as the last working class people who have managed to put something by (often thanks to "right to buy") have their savings beasted by four-figure weekly "care" home bills. 

Oh, and as RH33 alluded to, the downright refusal of Insurance companies to entertain any policy with a risk of having to pay out on.

Think is my physical health is utterly fine, bit overweight but nothing else. Life insurance policys never pay out on suicide anyway so it's annoying. 

2 hours ago, RH33 said:

I'm 38 and my MH condition mesns I've cant get life insurance.

Yeah. Was just going to say this. Some people can't get life insurance due to pre-existing conditions. I took out a life insurance and critical illness policy 5 months before I was diagnosed with cancer. Thank f**k.

20 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Think is my physical health is utterly fine, bit overweight but nothing else. Life insurance policys never pay out on suicide anyway so it's annoying. 

Aviva do, as long as you have been on cover a year. Not that I am encouraging anyone to end their life.

Costs rising on pretty much everything whilst wages either stagnate or increase at a fraction of inflation is a huge issue.

Things aren't going to magically get cheaper. Costs will continue to rise and rise and rise, and the gap between that and an increase in wages will just keep getting bigger. Its a huge issue that will become worse and worse over time. The future is really bleak for so many.

I work in debt advice and at least half the people I've spoke with in the last month were over 50.