Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 hours ago, GordonD said:

Because a lot of the time you can't reach the divider without stretching across the punter in front's messages whereas that person is presumably standing at the front of the array and can easily get to it.

You can wait at the end.... social distancing so wouldn't be near it anyway regardless as you should be standing back where it tells you to. 

3 hours ago, GordonD said:

It's not the height, it's the area. If their messages stretch several feet back, and the divider is at the front, it's not easy to get at.

The conveyor belt doesn't get any wider with shopping on it...

<gratuitous insult>
I suppose being a Lithgow supporter you're not used to people being behind you in a queue. 😄
</gratuitous insult>

Am I being crowdwanked by a MEADOWBANK THISTLE supporter? 😲

BTW do you know the Tierneys at the Rose?

Afraid not.

On 14/05/2021 at 08:39, TheScarf said:

There's thousands of folk in the UK in their 50s and older without a penny to their name.

only themselves to blame, i've seen how people behave when they get any sum of money. They just have to spend it on tat & takeaways.

Zero thought for the future.

Edited by red23

10 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

People referring to their dogs with a joined up name like cockapoodle when they should saying mongrel.

Add people who pay mega-money for mixed-breeds / mongrels / mutts. They think that if the parents were valuable dogs, even if they're completely different breeds, then the offspring will be valuable too. I suppose that if people are willing to pay a lot for them then by definition they 'are' valuable but for a small donation they could save the life of a dog every bit as good, or better from a shelter.  

This must have been done on here before but people who just pull their face masks down under their chin when they don't need to wear it. Apart from it looking utterly ridiculous it's the height of laziness, either wear it or take it off don't have it half way. Triggered by seeing a family of fatties waddle out of a cafe every one of them adults and children gasping for air with mask elastic cutting into their various girths of neck, then seeing an old biddy sitting eating her dinner with one pulled down under her chin. This behaviour isn't normal, new normal old normal or any kind of normal so when you don't need to legally wear one it should be taken as far the f*ck away from your face as possible.

3 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

This must have been done on here before but people who just pull their face masks down under their chin when they don't need to wear it. Apart from it looking utterly ridiculous it's the height of laziness, either wear it or take it off don't have it half way. Triggered by seeing a family of fatties waddle out of a cafe every one of them adults and children gasping for air with mask elastic cutting into their various girths of neck, then seeing an old biddy sitting eating her dinner with one pulled down under her chin. This behaviour isn't normal, new normal old normal or any kind of normal so when you don't need to legally wear one it should be taken as far the f*ck away from your face as possible.

It's normal behaviour in that a lot of people are bone idle moronic shagbags but you're right.

14 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Should we apply the same to humans? 

I suppose if it was a composite of your parents' names I'd be called Cambara.

Actually that sounds no bad. I've invented a name! My sister however would be Barbell :lol:

The notion of paying money for a dog when there are no doubt thousands of them in kennels/shelters up and down the country is abhorrent. The notion of having a certain kind because it's valuable is unthinkable. It's a pet, not an investment.

12 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

At home I wear one as a kind of chin bra.

9 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The notion of paying money for a dog when there are no doubt thousands of them in kennels/shelters up and down the country is abhorrent. The notion of having a certain kind because it's valuable is unthinkable. It's a pet, not an investment.

Cats are getting the same way now. You weren't able to give them away, now they cost a fortune.

Just now, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

How much are we talking about here?

Thank you.

I don't know, I'm just going by anecdotal evidence that kittens are no longer "free to good homes". Anytime I've been in the vets lately (which hasn't been often since the pandemic and our old dog died so I no longer needed to collect his medicine) there were only ads for selling kittens not giving them away. (And I'm not talking pedigree cats here.)

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I suppose if it was a composite of your parents' names I'd be called Cambara.

Actually that sounds no bad. I've invented a name! My sister however would be Barbell :lol:

Alextina.

Chrisander.

I suppose it depends on circumstances. If I lived by myself I'd get a dog from the kennel but with kids in the house I'd be wanting a puppy rather than a dog. Even then you have to make some kind of donation to our local kennel and I wouldn't want to turn into one of those vegan/feminist "he's a rescue" type person.

The folk that spend thousands on a dog are batshit crazy though. f**k that.

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

People calling their shopping/groceries "messages" where tf did that originate from? It's creepy and it's not part of your personality, stop it. 

I've always called it "messages". We're not Yanks.