Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

9 minutes ago, Rasputin said:

BBC Sounds app. Pot luck if you get football or Get it On. Get to f**k more like. 

Sounds App not available.

Mobile or laptop.

BBC website-Sounds-schedules-Radio Scotland-Schedules-top of page-schedule variation-select FM or AM

5 hours ago, philpy said:

I had fingerprints taken this morning.😔

1 hour ago, philpy said:

No criminal activity for the fingerprints. Biometric clocking in machine been installed at work.

I don’t understand, why the sad face in the first post?

I could see his point as I could’ve bought a ticket (if I knew!) but the guy on board missed me on the way and there was clearly a facility to buy a ticket at the station. Also I didn’t say one of the nearby stations either so I think it was apparent I wasn’t at it.

Anyway fair play the guy let us off but for a hot minute I was ready to phone in and harangue Andy Burnham on his call-in show!

Telling you mate they absolutely love looking for any excuse to ruin someone’s day down here if they can be a jobsworth about it.

I imagine they fine people for the reason you mentioned - folk could just say they got on at the last stop. There's one that works out of Carlisle who is a total jobsworth and seems to get a buzz out of upsetting people. Absolutely tragic behaviour and no surprise she's renowned among passengers and staff as a complete c**t.

3 hours ago, Rugster said:

Stops him dubbing the place up at 4.45pm. 

Just assumed it was a standard bit of attention seeking, mentioning the fingerprint with a sad face but without any context, absolutely desperate for people to ask why.

Similar to the classic Facebook maw “I’m fucking raging right now 😡😡” public post hoping for a “u ok ***?” that they can respond  to with “I’ll PM you xx” as if they want to keep it private.

21 hours ago, NotThePars said:

the station attendant let me buy a ticket after accepting in Scotland, the civilised country, you actually can buy a ticket at a destination station.

Best example of jobsworthery I've experienced was on the ECML where I was travelling from Edinburgh to Aberdeen and had two valid tickets;  Edinburgh to Inverkeithing & Inverkeithing to Aberdeen. 

Guard on whichever London-Aberdeen train it was gave me the whole "I can't accept that because this train isn't stopping at Inverkeithing (even though it passes through the station).  You should have waited for the next ScotRail service".  Think he genuinely wanted me to buy a entirely new Edinburgh to Kirkcaldy ticket (the Lang Toon being its first stop beyond Haymarket)

Edited by Hedgecutter

I think the conditions attached to going to the pub etc atm are shite, but its leaving me raging every time I check a pub website (for this rant, Station Hotel Larbert, i'm looking at you) who have been shut since xmas and havent managed to sort out a website with, if not online booking, then just some up to date information. Pish

29 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Someone out the back is playing James Blunt

For some earplugs I must hunt,
I've had enough of this,
"You're Beautiful" is pish,
I'm now off to murder some cu...............riously annoying neighbour. 

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Best example of jobsworthery I've experienced was on the ECML where I was travelling from Edinburgh to Aberdeen and had two valid tickets;  Edinburgh to Inverkeithing & Inverkeithing to Aberdeen. 

Guard on whichever London-Aberdeen train it was gave me the whole "I can't accept that because this train isn't stopping at Inverkeithing (even though it passes through the station).  You should have waited for the next ScotRail service".  Think he genuinely wanted me to buy a entirely new Edinburgh to Kirkcaldy ticket (the Lang Toon being its first stop beyond Haymarket)

Some shitmunchers at the bottom rung really seem to take it personally if they feel someone is mugging off their employers.

23 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Some shitmunchers at the bottom rung really seem to take it personally if they feel someone is mugging off their employers.

That said, most of the ScotRail guards I've encountered are really sound (the ill-fated Donald Dinnie being soundest of the lot).  The guy I describe was one of the English ones who'd probably been dealing with folks' shite since York or somewhere like that.

Think I've told the story before of the one on the Wick line who gave me a free pass to get back to Lairg after I over-carried chatting to some bird.  "Bloody hell, don't get off at Rogart, go to the pub in Golspie and get back on this train when we come back down the line in a few hours" was an excellent piece of advice.

20 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

That said, most of the ScotRail guards I've encountered are really sound (the ill-fated Donald Dinnie being soundest of the lot).  The guy I describe was one of the English ones who'd probably been dealing with folks' shite since York or somewhere like that.

Think I've told the story before of the one on the Wick line who gave me a free pass to get back to Lairg after I over-carried chatting to some bird.  "Bloody hell, don't get off at Rogart, go to the pub in Golspie and get back on this train when we come back down the line in a few hours" was an excellent piece of advice.

In fairness the Pittentrail Inn was a good pub back in the day. 

I'm guessing you went to the Stag in Golspie?