Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Went to a diner on a visit to Edinburgh last week , was okay not great. 

When I asked if I could put a tip on a debit card , the server told me it had already been added to the bill , when I looked it said on receipt gratuity not service charge. First time this has happened to me and thought it odd that they put it straight on without checking , I usually leave a decent tip but I'd like to decide how much etc.

7 minutes ago, saint dave said:

Went to a diner on a visit to Edinburgh last week , was okay not great. 

When I asked if I could put a tip on a debit card , the server told me it had already been added to the bill , when I looked it said on receipt gratuity not service charge. First time this has happened to me and thought it odd that they put it straight on without checking , I usually leave a decent tip but I'd like to decide how much etc.

It's a bit cheeky. Happened to me in the Spanish place on George St. Told them I wasn't paying it. The food wasn't good either.

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

It's the year 2022 and humanity is still yet to design a microwave turntable which easily slots into its holster.

Am I the only individual on P&B that doesn't own a microwave? 

They are a bit like the newly invented Rangers. *

I just don't trust the c***s. 

*The older version weren't any better

7 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Am I the only individual on P&B that doesn't own a microwave? 

They are a bit like the newly invented Rangers. *

I just don't trust the c***s. 

*The older version weren't any better

I didn't have one for a couple of years after our 1986 model finally gave up the ghost more than thirty years after manufacture. What a trooper.

I'd be fine without one, but the wean insisted I get another for some reason I forget. It's hardly ever used.

Sometimes I do fancy one of those supreme rubbery microwave burgers they sell at ASDA (Feasters?) and I have to take myself in hand.

2 hours ago, Clown Job said:

The charity workers inside Haymarket station the other week 

Why are they even allowed inside in front of the boards annoying people looking to see when the next train is.

Got approached by one of these in Princes Street one December

Whipping out some club Christmas raffle tickets I'd been given to flog I said "You'll no be interested in these I take it because I'm not interested in yours"

Chugger: "Fair point" and he left me alone.

34 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The past couple of nights I've had Weightwatcher meals, then I had something to eat afterwards.

I'm back to exclusively eating meat. My shites are worse than any horror film you could mention.

Dropped fifty pounds with it last year, but.

11 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I like this song, but I can't hear it without thinking of Hal playing Dance Dance Revolution

What a worker Cranston is.  

9 hours ago, BFTD said:

I'm back to exclusively eating meat. My shites are worse than any horror film you could mention.

With costs going the way they are, it'll be nearer 70 quid this time. 

20 hours ago, BFTD said:

I didn't have one for a couple of years after our 1986 model finally gave up the ghost more than thirty years after manufacture. What a trooper.

I'd be fine without one, but the wean insisted I get another for some reason I forget. It's hardly ever used.

Sometimes I do fancy one of those supreme rubbery microwave burgers they sell at ASDA (Feasters?) and I have to take myself in hand.

See the source image

20 hours ago, BFTD said:

That's quite a lot of shite...about 2 months worth, in fact

On 21/06/2022 at 19:46, DiegoDiego said:

It's the year 2022 and humanity is still yet to design a microwave turntable which easily slots into its holster.

First World Problems thread for this pish.

10 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

That's quite a lot of shite...about 2 months worth, in fact

That was a worryingly fast calculation.

Do you keep kitchen scales in the bathroom, by any chance?