Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

26 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

People who come to sell shite I wont buy at the door leaving without closing the gate behind them.

I can't remember the last time I got a visit from a door-to-door salesmanperson, but I have had an increase in religious nutjobs attempting to 'spread the word', the most recent being about a fortnight ago.

Eta: on another topic, I would like to add the bathroom installer man who was going to be here to give a quote "anytime between 08:30 and 12:30", and still isn't f***ing here.  This appears to be the norm for these cvnts, who have cost me a potential long lie.

Edited by Hedgecutter

14 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I can't remember the last time I got a visit from a door-to-door salesmanperson, but I have had an increase in religious nutjobs attempting to 'spread the word', the most recent being about a fortnight ago.

Eta: on another topic, I would like to add the bathroom installer man who was going to be here to give a quote "anytime between 08:30 and 12:30", and still isn't f***ing here.  This appears to be the norm for these cvnts, who have cost me a potential long lie.

Even the convicts selling cloths and sponges don't seem to be about.

18 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

The chancing b*****ds seem to reappear to recruit when times are hard - there were loads of varying denominations around the Forth Valley after the credit crunch, even some American Mormons. Not that things are any better now, but maybe they realised they were getting very far in these parts.

Perhaps they'll be back in the winter when people start having to live without heating.

39 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Why do trades folks all have such a blasé attitude towards time keeping? I had organised to meet a guy at my flat 12:30pm to remove a whole host of shite from it, I stayed until 1pm and phoned him but no answer. He phoned me the following day at 3pm saying he would be there in 10 minutes (no apology offered for the previous day). I had cleared that stuff so the builder could get on with his work which was due to commence the following day, but that c**t never turned up either. Fucking infuriating. 

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Why do trades folks all have such a blasé attitude towards time keeping? I had organised to meet a guy at my flat 12:30pm to remove a whole host of shite from it, I stayed until 1pm and phoned him but no answer. He phoned me the following day at 3pm saying he would be there in 10 minutes (no apology offered for the previous day). I had cleared that stuff so the builder could get on with his work which was due to commence the following day, but that c**t never turned up either. Fucking infuriating. 

^^^Common denominator.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I've made an executive decision to not use this guy because if he can't manage to keep to a brief morning look, then what's he going to be like when it comes to installing the thing.  Still, I've agreed to have him around later at the very end of a gloriously sunny day, as I'd hate the time-wasting to be all one-sided.

mutley-laugh.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter
typo

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

The guy working on my house said he would be here first thing. He showed up at 10.45 to tell me he needed to pick something up before getting started. 

He has literally just started the job. 3pm.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

The guy working on my house said he would be here first thing. He showed up at 10.45 to tell me he needed to pick something up before getting started. 

He has literally just started the job. 3pm.

Sounds like this job will go smoothly. What exactly are you having done ?

McDonald's' whole "order ahead using our app" p*sh.

Try to order 'ahead' and it says that you have to be beside an outlet for it to work.  Other than not having to touch the screens inside (where you have to go to collect your order anyway), what's the fvcking point in that?