Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

44 minutes ago, throbber said:

You’re right though I just hope it gets warm now - freezing temperatures coming up to may is no good for anyone.  I usually aim for 6 months of the year where I don’t need to wear a hat/jacket but have had several days in April having to do this despite it being sunny and pleasant at times.

There used to be an old proverb in the Hebrides that went along the lines of “if you haven’t had a spell of good weather by the end of April summer Is going to be shite” so I’m a bit concerned tbh.

There's a saying that my girlfriends maw uses when there is cold weather at this time of year which is "ne'er cast a cloot until the month of May is oot" which if you ignore the weirdo Ayrshire rhyming is probably sound advice. 

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

There's a saying that my girlfriends maw uses when there is cold weather at this time of year which is "ne'er cast a cloot until the month of May is oot" which if you ignore the weirdo Ayrshire rhyming is probably sound advice. 

It was something similar to that - what does cast a cloot mean?

2 hours ago, throbber said:

There used to be an old proverb in the Hebrides that went along the lines of “if you haven’t had a spell of good weather by the end of April summer Is going to be shite” so I’m a bit concerned tbh

Easter was pretty good, I got my tan lines back over 4/5 days of sunny and warm enough weather.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

The origin of the saying is from the hawthorn tree, known in Scots as the Mey.

It refers to the tree losing its blossom.

Big shops.

If you're going to constantly whinge about the in-store footfall decline, then why not actually stock things, rather than repeatedly saying "sorry, if you order it online then you can pick it up here in a couple of days".   Especially if you have a website that says they have specific items 'in store'.  Unless I'm mistaken, I would have thought that an 'in store' item would be in the actual f***ing store. Clue's in the f***ing name.  "Naw, we don't stock that, I dinna ken why it says that".  Well, not meaning to shoot the messenger here, but seriously, f*** you.

If I was going to order it online then I'd have it sent to my house, not trapse into town.  I've been one of those folk stupidly making a point of going into town to 'save the high street', but today is the straw that's broken the camel's back. I'm happy to help out, but only to those trying to help themselves.  So aye, those big high street shops.  F*** 'em.

Edited by Hedgecutter

35 minutes ago, 101 said:

I've never been sun burnt in the UK, that would just be embarrassing.

I got big time sunburned at the start of the season.  North Terrace suntrap will be missed. 

PXL_20220709_151451111.jpg

3 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I adored her growing up. I hadn't seen her for years and then she appeared in Pineapple Express and I celebrated in the cinema when I seen her.

Young love.

Kenneth-Williams3.jpg

13 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I got big time sunburned at the start of the season.  North Terrace suntrap will be missed. 

PXL_20220709_151451111.jpg

Didn't know miniatures of Buckfast were even a thing (unless it's a massive jacket). Who buys that?

Edited by jimbaxters

As an extension to my social farting issue problem posted about previously, we had friends staying over the long weekend there. As we were eating more than usual, the stomach suffered a bit of a battering and therefore needed the exhaust to clear itself every now and again. Another situation where it's socially unacceptable to fart freely with people in the house.

At it's worst point, a soiling incident nearly occurred. Glad to be back to normal trumping service!

19 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Didn't know miniatures of Buckfast were even a thing (unless it's a massive jacket). Who buys that?

I take them to the fitba all the time after getting my hawf taken off my a couple times.  It's now enough of a tradition I take them for 'luck'.  

20230426_102935.jpg

34 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Popular favours at neddy weddings (or posh ones where the bride likes to be “insert word for ironic celebration of poor stuff”).

3 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I've not had my heating on for about two months. Are you a lizard?

Just mean I haven't turned the Hive off yet. It still kicks in for a wee bit to take the edge off now and then.