Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Paying for a last minute holiday to central Morocco and the Atlas mountains a few hours before a 6.8 earthquake hits central Morocco and the Atlas mountains ("let's get this done before the Scotland game" I said)

Google: Morocco is located towards the top left corner of the african tectonic plate. Despite it's very close position to two converging plates, Morocco has had very few noticeable earthquakes since 1700.

Chose this to avoid Hurricane/ Typhoon season in the other further flung destinations we originally eyed up.

5 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Paying for a last minute holiday to central Morocco and the Atlas mountains a few hours before a 6.8 earthquake hits central Morocco and the Atlas mountains ("let's get this done before the Scotland game" I said)

Google: Morocco is located towards the top left corner of the african tectonic plate. Despite it's very close position to two converging plates, Morocco has had very few noticeable earthquakes since 1700.

Chose this to avoid Hurricane/ Typhoon season in the other further flung destinations we originally eyed up.

Thoughts and prayers with you at this difficult time

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Supermarket signs that say shite like “We’re making improvements to our store”.

Just put up a sign saying “See all that stuff you buy every week? None of it is in the same place anymore or the same price. GIRFUY”.

We all know that’s what you really mean

Fixed it.

Morrisons brag about their price cuts each week but there is sfa about the many more price rises.

49 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

We booked a trip to the Bahamas in 2019, and being sensible decided to go after the hurricane season.

Of course in 2019 the Bahamas' worst-ever natural disaster, Hurricane Dorian, levelled the place. The Grand Bahama airport was a temporary building and a few shipping containers, and much of the tourist infrastructure was destroyed or still closed.

I'm pretty sure the precise moment the storm seeded itself in the Atlantic was when we hit the confirm button on the booking.

At least it made for a peaceful holiday as much of it was deserted.

21 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

We booked a trip to the Bahamas in 2019, and being sensible decided to go after the hurricane season.

Of course in 2019 the Bahamas' worst-ever natural disaster, Hurricane Dorian, levelled the place. The Grand Bahama airport was a temporary building and a few shipping containers, and much of the tourist infrastructure was destroyed or still closed.

You should have gone to Saltcoats. Cheaper and you'd have had the same experience 

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I bought a low alcohol beer to try (I know). The ABV is 0.5% but the self service till wanted verification of proof of age 

Barr's Shandy is 0.5% alcohol by volume and can be bought by kids. I believe Top Deck was slightly stronger.

ETA: Listerine is 26% alcohol by volume. Slainte.

I’ve started drinking low alcohol beer as an alternative to drinking water or water and orange or real beer.

Given the heat here drinking regularly is necessary and I was conscious how much fewer calories the non-alcoholic stuff has compared to real beer, with the added benefit of reducing my alcohol intake.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

I’ve started drinking low alcohol beer as an alternative to drinking water or water and orange or real beer.

Given the heat here drinking regularly is necessary and I was conscious how much fewer calories the non-alcoholic stuff has compared to real beer, with the added benefit of reducing my alcohol intake.

I've read that ten times and still can't fathom it.

Just now, Newbornbairn said:

I've read that ten times and still can't fathom it.

Have to drink a lot because it’s so hot.  Get fed up drinking water or water and orange (my main cold beverages).  End up drinking beer (more calories and alcohol than I want).  Changed to low calorie beer to rectify.

Any clearer?

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Have to drink a lot because it’s so hot.  Get fed up drinking water or water and orange (my main cold beverages).  End up drinking beer (more calories and alcohol than I want).  Changed to low calorie beer to rectify.

Any clearer?

Nope. It's the low calorie beer bit. For why? I've seen people drink it for medicinal reasons but never from choice.

1 minute ago, Newbornbairn said:

Nope. It's the low calorie beer bit. For why? I've seen people drink it for medicinal reasons but never from choice.

Prescriptions over here aren’t free but they are ridiculously cheap.  I’ll have a word with my doctor.

56 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Many moons ago when I worked behind the bar in my local,  there was a regular customer who would ask for a bottle of non-alcoholic Kaliber beer in a pint glass, topped up with lager. So it tasted like regular lager but about a third of the strength. He liked it as an alternative to lager shandies as the lemonade got sickly after a couple. Quite a good idea I thought.

2 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Many moons ago when I worked behind the bar in my local,  there was a regular customer who would ask for a bottle of non-alcoholic Kaliber beer in a pint glass, topped up with lager. So it tasted like regular lager but about a third of the strength. He liked it as an alternative to lager shandies as the lemonade got sickly after a couple. Quite a good idea I thought.

Over the years I’ve tried well known brands of non-alcoholic beers and not been impressed.  The stuff I’m drinking now is cheap brands from Aldi and Mercadona and it’s far better.