Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just now, hk blues said:

A wee secret between you and me  - I wasn't actually being serious with that advice.  

It's 6:30am and I've seen many dodgy snippets of advice on here throughout the years it all becomes an "is he being serious?" doubt.

Well played.

6 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

It's 6:30am and I've seen many dodgy snippets of advice on here throughout the years it all becomes an "is he being serious?" doubt.

Well played.

To be fair, it won't even be the most ridiculous thing posted on here today.  

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

A wee secret between you and me  - I wasn't actually being serious with that advice.  

The "windows doon, air con on full" style advice for washing machines? 

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

If it's not rotating enough, the washing liquid or whatever else you put in will not be getting dispersed enough and will stain the sheets.

Is that the excuse you used to use?

"Honest, Mum, it's the washing machine's fault."

My son's school had a Recognition ceremony yesterday - more American shite but what can you do? Anyhow, as usual they took photos and fleeced us but again, what can you do?

The PTTGOYN is that on every photo the have a title printed , and every f*****g one says "Recognation Day."  It's a school FFS!  

21 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Job postings that don’t list any sort of salary or range. Typically puts me off rather than wanting to apply 

You probably already do, but always worth having a wee peek to see if there's any info on the company's salaries/conditions etc on somewhere like Glassdoor or similar. I know there's a lot of shite posted on these places too but can give you a rough indication of whether it's worth applying or just avoiding wasting your time.

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

My son's school had a Recognition ceremony yesterday - more American shite but what can you do? Anyhow, as usual they took photos and fleeced us but again, what can you do?

The PTTGOYN is that on every photo the have a title printed , and every f*****g one says "Recognation Day."  It's a school FFS!  

Is this some sort of scheme designed to provide parents with a handy tool to enable them to recognise their own kids?

You did say it's an American import, so 🤷‍♂️

16 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Is this some sort of scheme designed to provide parents with a handy tool to enable them to recognise their own kids?

That would be a useful thing for some high profile British citizens

Spoiler

boris.jpg.e782ad1b6c8e19751ce6be2d8a484fea.jpg

1 hour ago, 'WellDel said:

You probably already do, but always worth having a wee peek to see if there's any info on the company's salaries/conditions etc on somewhere like Glassdoor or similar. I know there's a lot of shite posted on these places too but can give you a rough indication of whether it's worth applying or just avoiding wasting your time.

Yeah usually try that but if it’s a smaller or new ish company then Glassdoor info is a bit scarce.

Was mainly just frustrated because I’m not actively looking but if I see a job I fancy I’ll apply and see what happens. Suppose it does give the opportunity to go wild when they ask your salary expectations :lol:

5 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Job postings that don’t list any sort of salary or range. Typically puts me off rather than wanting to apply 

Don’t think this is petty tbh - it’s total bullshit.

If a company is embarrassed by how little they’re offering potential employees then maybe they should have another think about the salary.

4 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

When people are waiting to get on a train and they keep pressing the button when it’s not illuminated.

Can’t tell whether it’s just childish impatience or they’re thick as shit.

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/placebo-buttons-design/index.html

Fair chance some of those train buttons are placebos too.

Just now, Cardle is Magic said:

Most ScotRail trains I’ve used the doors remain closed unless someone inside or outside tries to open them.

Yea, I’d agree…but some of the trains I’ve seen don’t seem to require a button push and the doors open anyway. Food for thought, and as the general population seems to get dumber…