Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

When people are waiting to get on a train and they keep pressing the button when it’s not illuminated.

Can’t tell whether it’s just childish impatience or they’re thick as shit.

Probably the same people who press buttons to call a lift when it's already illuminated. 

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Most ScotRail trains I’ve used the doors remain closed unless someone inside or outside tries to open them.

I noticed, visiting London last weekend, that the doors on the underground trains open automatically at stations. 

It's not quite free prescriptions, but worth considering.. 

3 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

When people are waiting to get on a train and they keep pressing the button when it’s not illuminated.

Can’t tell whether it’s just childish impatience or they’re thick as shit.

Are you sure they're actually pressing the button? I used to have my hand on the button ready to press the millisecond it illuminated just to get on/off the train that much faster. But for the record I am childishly impatient, and thick as shit...

1 hour ago, AnderooMFC said:

Are you sure they're actually pressing the button? I used to have my hand on the button ready to press the millisecond it illuminated just to get on/off the train that much faster. But for the record I am childishly impatient, and thick as shit...

Guy today pressed it about half a dozen times.

The current obsession of football commentators and "added time"

Every game I've watched recently as soon as the clock hits 35 or 80 minutes they start wittering on about "10 minutes to go, and whatever the referee adds could be 5 minutes, could be 10, who knows?"

17 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Is this some sort of scheme designed to provide parents with a handy tool to enable them to recognise their own kids?

You did say it's an American import, so 🤷‍♂️

It's a lot of shite. My wife was peeved that I didn't take the afternoon off and she said she hoped I'd take the afternoon off for his graduation ceremony.  Graduation from Primary school FFS.  And, yes, they do have a prom when they 'graduate' from Primary to High school.  

4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

It's a lot of shite. My wife was peeved that I didn't take the afternoon off and she said she hoped I'd take the afternoon off for his graduation ceremony.  Graduation from Primary school FFS.  And, yes, they do have a prom when they 'graduate' from Primary to High school.  

Americanised shite m8.

In my day, we got told to f**k off.

9 hours ago, Raidernation said:

The current obsession of football commentators and "added time"

Every game I've watched recently as soon as the clock hits 35 or 80 minutes they start wittering on about "10 minutes to go, and whatever the referee adds could be 5 minutes, could be 10, who knows?"

Agreed. I’ll add that mine is the current moaning about refs now adding on a lot of extra time to games, especially from managers crying about player welfare and that extra 10mins is unfair.

The very reason it’s being added on is because they are only playing about 50 minutes of every 90 min game. They can manage another 10 minutes. 

9 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Agreed. I’ll add that mine is the current moaning about refs now adding on a lot of extra time to games, especially from managers crying about player welfare and that extra 10mins is unfair.

The very reason it’s being added on is because they are only playing about 50 minutes of every 90 min game. They can manage another 10 minutes. 

family-guy-peter-griffin.gif.dc79549557e40943d2153a28142af6b3.gif

Be fair, bad injuries can be exhausting 

Folk who preach that the 'proper' way to make tea is to put the milk in first.

Erm, no. That was a forced order back in the day to minimise cracking of the cup, absolutely f*** all to do with the taste.  If the cups could handle it, royalty would have been dedicated tea-first aficionados .

14 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Erm, no. That was a forced order back in the day to minimise cracking of the cup, absolutely f*** all to do with the taste.  If the cups could handle it, royalty would have been dedicated tea-first aficionados .

I randomly put milk 1st or hot water 1st - the tea bags we can get are so shite I doubt it would even matter if you pissed in the cup before adding the milk.  

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Well, we had a 'quali' when I left Primary. But no big ceremony like I assume they have at a 'prom'.

26 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I've been close to murder in this household watching my mrs make a tea. Puts the tea bag in, sugar in, then milk, THEN adds the fucking hot water. Harrowing. 

15 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Well, we had a 'quali' when I left Primary. But no big ceremony like I assume they have at a 'prom'.

We had a prize giving ceremony at the end of every year and a school disco as well so maybe we're no so different after all.  It's just they seem to make such a big thing here - hiring gowns and tuxedos etc.  

25 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I've been close to murder in this household watching my mrs make a tea. Puts the tea bag in, sugar in, then milk, THEN adds the fucking hot water. Harrowing. 

I just made my evening cuppa - and pretty much as per your good wife's recipe except no sugar.

No f***s given. 

1 hour ago, AuAl said:

Easily one of the best clips ever to be broadcast. At which point on planning this did they imagine videoing it would be a good idea?

51 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I just made my evening cuppa - and pretty much as per your good wife's recipe except no sugar.

No f***s given. 

I've always found milk first stops the bag from floating.