Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

I was at an Alloa v Falkirk game in the early 90s,and the chant to the ball boys was "Would you like to see some puppies? " 

Won't get that nowadays. Flaming woke Guardian reading Corbynistas. 

Need to reintroduce National service IMO, show these woke pansies who’s boss

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

I was at an Alloa v Falkirk game in the early 90s,and the chant to the ball boys was "Would you like to see some puppies? Like to see some puppies? Na na na na... Na na na na" 

Won't get that nowadays. Flaming woke Guardian reading Corbynistas. 

Ah, the halcyon days of offensive football crowd chants. I can remember one occasion in the 1970s at Ibrox when cheerleaders were marching round the running track for some reason, to be met with the Neanderthals in the covered terracing belting out "singin' goan get it up yie while yer young" to the tune of "She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes..." And no, I wasn't singing it!

I'd be astonished if a number of these dudes aren't on a list of some sort.

14 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Ah, the halcyon days of offensive football crowd chants. I can remember one occasion in the 1970s at Ibrox when cheerleaders were marching round the running track for some reason, to be met with the Neanderthals in the covered terracing belting out "singin' goan get it up yie while yer young" to the tune of "She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes..." And no, I wasn't singing it!

Were offensive songs not compulsory at Ibrox back then?

15 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Meadowbank Thistle Brake Club had a few near the knuckle ones

Used to get all the "Edinburgh AIDS" insults so the songs in reply were "Share your needle with the boys" "Spit in your bovril"  and "Come on over to my place, Hey you we've got a virus, We've got AIDS and Hepatitis, why don't you come on over tonight"

Finding I'm being more wary of people wandering aimlessly back and fore while on their mobile phones as if the shopping center, the High Street or just in front of a doorway, bottom or top of an escalator is their living room so they don't have to pay attention to anyone or anything else around them. Walking past you never know when they might suddenly turn around and bump into you.

Are these people turning into zombies?

I'm seeing this more often now than ever.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Why the f**k can’t they put the Mr. Kipling’s Brambly Apple Pies in a plastic sleeve? They do it for their other stuff, and it travels just fine…but the damn Apple Pies dry out in transit to the U.S.!

Thought the US was the home of apple pie. Why would you ship those horrible wee things over?

1 minute ago, JamesP_81 said:

Electricians saying they'll turn up then not even bothering to say they can't make it. 2 weeks and 3 sparks later still trying to find someone to wire up a new hob.

You must be starving by now. 

More importantly, how hard can it be, just a few coloured wires?  A 5-minute DIY job.

9 minutes ago, hk blues said:

You must be starving by now. 

More importantly, how hard can it be, just a few coloured wires?  A 5-minute DIY job.

I recently replaced a DIY fitted oven that previous occupier had installed. Was only a plug in job but he had a high power oven in a standard socket. Luckily the house never burned down but high wattage stuff needs a bit more care.

Just now, JamesP_81 said:

What's the mnemonic for it again , 'brown tae blue, blew tae f*ck', aye should be alright. 

Something like that.  Anyways, there are only 3 colours so even with a random guess the odds are pretty good,

Let is know how it goes (if you can).