Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Sitting in the house all day for a delivery only to get a text saying "We tried to deliver your parcel..."

Don't fucking lie to me. Get back in your wee van and get my parcel from the shop you've left it at and bring it to my door like you were told.

Arseholes.

On 08/02/2024 at 20:05, tamthebam said:

Invented by Lachlan Rose of Leith and mentioned in "The Long Goodbye"

I'm sure I read someone asked for a lager and lime in the Oxford Bar only to be told "we don't serve f**king cocktails"

Frankie Boyle?

5 hours ago, Empty It said:

The new trend of referring to celebrities as "Mother" cringeworthy shite.

Does this apply to certain veteran cake bakers because Mother Mary comes to me, speaking words of cuisine, let it Berry...

9 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

People using the wrong letters multiple times when trying to type something like we have below. Multiple T's doesn't do anything.

The the N is maybe OK but as a rule I'd prefer vowels. 

Every time someone posts "LET'S GOOOOOOOOO!" I refuse to see it as "let's go!" and instead choose to interpret it as "let's goo". Social media is much more amusing when you think half the folk are advocating for a return to primordial gloop, or making a strong case for everyone to turn into flubber...

7 hours ago, Empty It said:

The new trend of referring to celebrities as "Mother" cringeworthy shite.

Don't kinkshame.

7 hours ago, Swarley said:

What fresh hell is this?

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Does this apply to certain veteran cake bakers because Mother Mary comes to me, speaking words of cuisine, let it Berry...

According to Urban Dictionary it means a woman that's iconic but I've seen it used to describe very unremarkable people. I imagine it came from that awful Meghan Trainor song that was popular a while ago.

On 08/02/2024 at 20:34, die hard doonhamer said:

For sale signs being put up anywhere other than on the property that is being marketed. A for sale sign on open land at the end of a street looks absolutely shite. 

On the subject of for sale signs, whats the point in putting up signs with "sold" on them?  If the house has been sold, just why not take the sign away.

Edited by ___

8 minutes ago, ___ said:

On the subject of for sale signs, whats the point in putting up signs with "sold" on them?  If the house has been sold, just why not take the sign away.

The estate agents patting themselves on the back for 'can you believe we sold this shit hole'

American Football is an even shitter version of Rugby which, itself is absolutely shit so bizarre and depressing in equal measure the amount of gimps on my timeline posting about staying up till 5am to watch that absolute pish.

Twenty meat headed roid filled dolts in shoulder pads and crash helmets all clatter into one another while some guy throws a rugby ball for another guy to catch, ten seconds of play followed by a twenty minute stoppage till the restart so morbidly obese red necks in the stand called Randy and Dwayne can stuff another four hot dogs and supersize Dr Pepper down their throat and on television we have several minutes of adverts from our partners, Microsoft, Pepsi, Disney land and Chucks Gun Store in Oklohoma. 

Like all sports that American folk love it has umpteen stoppages in play for adverts and buying merchandise making it completely unwatchable, folk from this island who, by rights should shun this utter freakshow suddenly taking an interest in it for one night only for social media kudos should frankly be choked to death by being force fed cheeseburgers till their windpipe is solidly compacted.

c***s from Tullibody, Stonehaven, Erskine and Falkirk getting a case of Budweiser and a tub of Pretzels in to stay up to watch the Detroit Motherfuckers against the New Orleans High School Gun Spree Killers 🤦‍♂️