Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

51 minutes ago, TxRover said:

£1.57 a bar…although, to be fair, it is twice the size.

That's about the price we pay. We are 89p for bars of singular chocolate. That's not to defend it but that's around a 40% increase from where it was in the same time wham bars and the like have went up 550%.

20 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

That's about the price we pay. We are 89p for bars of singular chocolate. That's not to defend it but that's around a 40% increase from where it was in the same time wham bars and the like have went up 550%.

That’s a surprise, given the premium on most stuff here. Flakes and Aeros run similar, but get into items like Mince Pies and we quickly hit £6-8.

10 hours ago, TxRover said:

The lamp is a torchiere style, so I’d love a high switch because that would be easy to use, but it is what I got in the settlement (and I really don’t want to waste money replacing a mostly working lamp). The switch that controls the outlet is in a useless spot, the actual foot switch isn’t rebuildable as parts aren’t available, and I can’t retrofit a higher/more convenient switch. The floor plan here is compromised by a long, thin layout.

Can't you just add a traditional rocker type switch further up the cable and render the foot switch redundant?  

I have one floor lamp with a foot switch and it is useful as long  as it works. 

14 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

1/ can confirm Starling do as @Bert Raccoon says. £100 on its way to me by Christmas's. Phreee Munnay.

2/ on the lamp discussion. I decided last night that landing strips at the airport are cool AF at night and when my lottery win (or faree Starling money) hits my account then the lighting in the house is all going on the floor. No more reaching up to change lighbulbs.

everythings coming up milhouse GIF

Yes, I do realise if the house does intact become Milhouse I shall have a major problem on my hands but I shall only worry about this if I decide to move to Brechin.

Led strips are your friend had them round my bed since I moved in and look great imvoo

7 hours ago, hk blues said:

Can't you just add a traditional rocker type switch further up the cable and render the foot switch redundant?  

I have one floor lamp with a foot switch and it is useful as long  as it works. 

Nah, cord is low and into the base. I’m thinking it’s either time to spend a wee bit o’cash or trust my electrical skills.

14 hours ago, TxRover said:

Nah, cord is low and into the base. I’m thinking it’s either time to spend a wee bit o’cash or trust my electrical skills.

Understood.  I have one like that as well and it's also temperamental so I just used the outlet on/off switch.  I say used because in the Philippines they don't have on/off switches on the outlets.

20 hours ago, TxRover said:

My daughter bought me  a lamp which comes on when you wave your hand. The  "Rejects"  store can be expensive but Amazon has a wide lighting range cheap as chips.

Nobody proclaims Die Hard isn't a Christmas movie. Any "proclamation" is generally a reaction to the resolution that it is a Christmas movie.

Generally those proclaiming it to be a Christmas movie are looking for a reaction. It's telling when you respond neutrally to these people and they are still bursting to qualify their proposal with accumulated "evidence" and off-the-peg strawmen.

Yawn.