Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just back from the shops and picked up a copy of Cluedo on the cheap. Haven't played it since I was a kid, so it's a bit of a shock to discover that I'm likely older than all of the suspects now. When did they all get so young and sexy?

They all remind me of someone, but I can't put my finger on who, except for Karren Brady in the middle and Captain Birdseye before he let himself go.

ccb_198b72d2-d93c-4817-9cc3-5cad8b138c2f

3 minutes ago, Venti said:

Trying to explain AI to boomers who think its just a computer program.

image.png.0d40dd5ad4c0dcf3810cf1f37dee76de.png

Edit: Miss Scarlett might be Milkshake-era Kelis. Unsure.

Edited by BFTD

7 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Just back from the shops and picked up a copy of Cluedo on the cheap. Haven't played it since I was a kid, so it's a bit of a shock to discover that I'm likely older than all of the suspects now. When did they all get so young and sexy?

They all remind me of someone, but I can't put my finger on who, except for Karren Brady in the middle and Captain Birdseye before he let himself go.

Dr Black is quite clearly David Dickenson

10 minutes ago, BFTD said:

They came out of the same packs, though. Whatever they're called, they should be the same!

I know @sugna was kidding, but I've just checked the teaspoons and four of them are very, very slightly larger than the other four, which made me wonder if they were in sets of two in the pack, but no - they're listed as 4 x dessert spoons and 4 x teaspoons. I had no idea there was any difference between dessert spoons and tablespoons BTW.

Fucking cutlery nazis, man. Look at this shit. I need a lie down.

main-qimg-f29a8a091d8d90cab8b0add037d65b

A 5 o’clock teaspoon? Heard it all now.

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Richard Ayoade (Plum), Luke Evans (Green) and Mae Martin (Mrs White) for sure.

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

image.png.0d40dd5ad4c0dcf3810cf1f37dee76de.png

Edit: Miss Scarlett might be Milkshake-era Kelis. Unsure.

Only a matter of time before I get deepfaked wearing a St Mirren top & saying Steven McGarry could play for AC Milan.

15 minutes ago, Venti said:

Only a matter of time before I get deepfaked wearing a St Mirren top & saying Steven McGarry could play for AC Milan.

I'm expecting a trend of elderly women deepfaking their grandkids as doctors and lawyers for internet clout.

34 minutes ago, BFTD said:

It’s better than the version I’ve got which appears to have Chandler from friends, the speccy c**t off the doorbell advert, Kylie Minogue and some twat off the wacky races.

IMG_8379.jpeg

52 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I know @sugna was kidding, but I've just checked the teaspoons and four of them are very, very slightly larger than the other four, which made me wonder if they were in sets of two in the pack, but no - they're listed as 4 x dessert spoons and 4 x teaspoons. I had no idea there was any difference between dessert spoons and tablespoons BTW.

Fucking cutlery nazis, man. Look at this shit. I need a lie down.

main-qimg-f29a8a091d8d90cab8b0add037d65b

I have gone through the cutlery-trauma thing twice recently. I know more about spoons than I would like to.

The cheap shot reply to our earlier post was my second instinct; my first was to say that tablespoons are not cutlery: I think they are for "serving at table". We got one of our cutlery sets from ProCook, buying it as a canteen since that was much cheaper than buying the same brand any other way - we got a couple of tablespoons with that.

When we bought the other set of cutlery, we bought it as a mixture of separates and "wee boxes of aggregated separates", from Home Store + More. Neither the actual separates nor the boxes had the option of adding tablespoons, nor did any of the (admittedly wide range of) similar styles allow us to purchase tablespoons. I really like having a couple, for those rare occasions when we have food to serve from bowls, and where the metal spoons are just the ticket. I also use them for baking sometimes, although there's really no reason to do that. I ended up buying a boxed pair from TK Maxx.

My biggest PSpoonsTGOMyN, though, is between the stupid "dessert and bigger dessert spoons" instead of "dessert and actual round soup spoons"; and the very annoying too-pointy teaspoons - I only really want those for making instant coffee, and pointiness is both pointless and a very bad fit for that.

The image you've posted should come with a trigger warning.

43 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It’s better than the version I’ve got which appears to have Chandler from friends, the speccy c**t off the doorbell advert, Kylie Minogue and some twat off the wacky races.

IMG_8379.jpeg

Dr Orchid, FFS. Mrs White appears to have given up the cooking and found a new gig fronting the Black Eyed Peas.

I like the background implication that this isn't a one-off - Dr Black is stuck in some kind of nightmare where he's constantly being murdered and resurrected by a motley cast of predators, unable to escape the confines of this sinister gothic mansion. The real game being played is in who gets to him first.

Maybe Cluedo was Harlan Ellison's inspiration for I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Calling @scottsdad to confirm this might just be a rebrand Cluedo: Star Trek Edition…I immediately noticed Riker and Troi, and a couple of others look the part. Maybe Picard spent a boat load of cash in Turkey?

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Calling @scottsdad to confirm this might just be a rebrand Cluedo: Star Trek Edition…I immediately noticed Riker and Troi, and a couple of others look the part. Maybe Picard spent a boat load of cash in Turkey?

I see it. Tasha Yar, on the chaise longue, with the fully functional ship's android (not pictured).

Finding it increasingly difficult to open things. The top items for me are:

- Mouthwash

- Little sachets of coffee or milk in hotel rooms despite tearing at the "perforated"/open part

- little sauce packets in pubs

- razor packs that use that see through plastic coating on the front - anything that comes with that plastic coating

Loads more that I will remember when I next struggle with them. Sometimes a minor irritant - a petty thing getting on my nerves. Other days throws me into a full blown rage.....

4 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

- Mouthwash

- Little sachets of coffee or milk in hotel rooms despite tearing at the "perforated"/open part

- razor packs that use that see through plastic coating on the front - anything that comes with that plastic coating

Loads more that I will remember when I next struggle with them. Sometimes a minor irritant - a petty thing getting on my nerves. Other days throws me into a full blown rage.....

I’m glad to see that it’s not just me that suffers from this 

11 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

- Mouthwash

You noticed how small the text on food packets is getting these days?

Genuinely found myself seething about this a few years ago until the penny dropped. I keep a magnifying glass in the kitchen now; you might want to try employing an able-bodied young person around the house.

10 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Genuinely found myself seething about this a few years ago until the penny dropped. I keep a magnifying glass in the kitchen now; you might want to try employing an able-bodied young person around the house.

My arms definitely aren't long enough to read some food packages these days.

14 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Found this increasingly more often myself, just a fucking blur. Magnifying glass is probably easier than my method of zooming in on my phone camera. 

If I'm entertaining guests and cooking a fancy meal of an evening, I regularly struggle to see how long my Pasta n Sauce needs in the microwave, or how many more minutes my pizza requires from frozen vs chilled. Nothing worse than a burnt Goodfellas accompanied by stodgy Cheese and Leek pasta when you're trying to impress folks.

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

Sorry, no. 

But a version of the game did appear in the show Lower Decks