Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

9 hours ago, BFTD said:

4 x dessert spoons and 4 x teaspoons. I had no idea there was any difference between dessert spoons and tablespoons BTW.

Fucking cutlery nazis, man. Look at this shit. I need a lie down.

main-qimg-f29a8a091d8d90cab8b0add037d65b

So what's the difference? Because none of the six spoons on your graphic are labelled as dessert spoons?
For avoidance of doubt my spoons come in three sizes. Big spoon, wee spoon, and babyspoons which now get used the same as wee spoons but used to have childrens characters on the handle.

40 minutes ago, AnderooMFC said:

So what's the difference? Because none of the six spoons on your graphic are labelled as dessert spoons?
For avoidance of doubt my spoons come in three sizes. Big spoon, wee spoon, and babyspoons which now get used the same as wee spoons but used to have childrens characters on the handle.

Those aren't my spoons - I wouldn't be seen dead buying such bland flatware. The difference between mine appears to be roughly tablespoon to soup spoon, and teaspoon to five o'clock teaspoon (whatever that is). Just close enough that you don't notice until you hold two back-to-back, then it's all you can think about.

I miss the days of opening the cutlery drawer to find it full of wee rubber-handled spoons decorated with Tigger and Lightning McQueen  :lol:

30 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Those aren't my spoons - I wouldn't be seen dead buying such bland flatware. The difference between mine appears to be roughly tablespoon to soup spoon, and teaspoon to five o'clock teaspoon (whatever that is). Just close enough that you don't notice until you hold two back-to-back, then it's all you can think about.

I miss the days of opening the cutlery drawer to find it full of wee rubber-handled spoons decorated with Tigger and Lightning McQueen  :lol:

The picture showed differences between six styles of spoon, but none of them were dessert spoons. I was wondering the difference between dessert spoons and tablespoons. Wikipedia gave me this;

220px-Loeffel_03.JPG

Serving spoon - tablespoon - dessert spoon - teaspoon.
Measurement wise,  1 dessertspoon = 2 teaspoons
We eat cake with the babyspoons, so I guess they're our dessert spoons.

41 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Time for more entertaining silverware...

Screenshot2024-02-24173504.thumb.png.086e6ecc4c4b78a2f8d2963ca401019f.png

Or

Screenshot2024-02-24173446.png.f7f62c84b634f742de3060274b87c95d.png

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

As you're from Clacks, which size is your favourite spoon to burn? 

16 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Turns out my tablespoons aren't tablespoons (or table-spoons! Wiki the hyphenated cutlery if you're bored).  They're desert spoons.

My serving spoons are table spoons.  Where will this madness end.

Imagine the embarrassment if you'd gone all the way to the desert with the wrong spoons.

18 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Turns out my tablespoons aren't tablespoons (or table-spoons! Wiki the hyphenated cutlery if you're bored).  They're desert spoons.

My serving spoons are table spoons.  Where will this madness end.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Imagine the embarrassment if you'd gone all the way to the desert with the wrong spoons.

For forks sake😳

Are there such things as tablesporks and dessertsporks?

2 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

For forks sake😳

Are there such things as tablesporks and dessertsporks?

I hope so.

I'm so lazy I now plate my food and cut it up before Sitting down in the living room and I only need a fork.

10 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

I was wondering the difference between dessert spoons and tablespoons.

Dessert spoons are what you eat your custard/creamed rice/etc. etc. with. Tablespoons are what you use when helping yourself to a communal Chinese/Indian etc. dish, transferring it from the bowl in the centre to your own plate. Each diner has his own dessert spoon, natch, while there's only the one tablespoon which everybody uses in turn.

1 hour ago, Beans on Toast said:

At least start the discussion. What's your favourite? C, D, DD etc?

Cup Winner's Cup and Super Cup, I'd guess.

(roughly equates to a C cup)