Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Ach, you'll catch on eventually. 

Now I think of it, when we were wee we often got a gift instead of an egg from close relatives such as grannies or aunts.  Not as expensive as a birthday or  Christmas present though.  

We were lucky to get boiled egg and a felt tip pen to decorate it ourselves.

2 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Aye, I remember those days - the strands of wool glued on for hair and the felt from the pen seeping through into the egg.  Happy days! 

12 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Sky Sports showing the same game on multiple channels

They show that absolutely shite replacement to Soccer AM that I can't even remember the name of with utter no mark podcasters on a Saturday morning on 3 channels too.  They charge hundreds of thousands of people in the UK over a grand a year for TV subscriptions alone and they don't even have the rights to enough content to fill their Sports channels with different shows.

On 27/02/2024 at 21:57, Rugster said:

I’ve probably told this before but the Queen died on my wee boys birthday and just as we were singing hip hip hooray was the exact moment the flag was lowered and Huw the paedo announced it. I love to think what anyone walking past hearing the celebrations would have thought. 

Jaki? Is that you?

www-facebook-com-jaki-chippy-759126284.jpg

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Aye, I remember those days - the strands of wool glued on for hair and the felt from the pen seeping through into the egg.  Happy days! 

James McFadden's  Friday night Championship coverage on BBC Scotland

4 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

You were lucky. 

We 'ad to go down to t'football with magic marker and quickly paint a face on Jim Duffy's bald heid when he was taking a corner. 

30 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

You were lucky. 

We 'ad to go down to t'football with magic marker and quickly paint a face on Jim Duffy's bald heid when he was taking a corner. 

I remember seeing Jim Duffy play for Dundee against East Fife in the 80s. A Dee fan was saying he was the greatest centre half never to have been capped for Scotland so me and my mates watched him. Every time he got the ball - every single time - he booted it out the park. Not a single pass, he just leathered the thing every...single...time.

Anyway, petty hate for today. Queuing for a coffee and eyeing the one empty table, only for an auld couple to bags it before one of them joined the queue. Arsehole behaviour of the first order. 

The Microsoft | La Liga* "Beyond Stats" nonsense. It's not beyond stats, it's still regular fucking stats.

*shocked that they didn't go with Microsoft x La Liga. That "x" collaboration shite got tired a long time ago.

- DiegoDiego x P&B

7 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Anyway, petty hate for today. Queuing for a coffee and eyeing the one empty table, only for an auld couple to bags it before one of them joined the queue. Arsehole behaviour of the first order. 

You should have put your jacket over that chair and put an open newspaper on the table before joining the queue. Works every time. So I'm told.

8 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

I remember seeing Jim Duffy play for Dundee against East Fife in the 80s. A Dee fan was saying he was the greatest centre half never to have been capped for Scotland so me and my mates watched him. Every time he got the ball - every single time - he booted it out the park. Not a single pass, he just leathered the thing every...single...time.

Scottish Cup replay 1986-87?

We should have won the game at Dens Park.

BTW Jim Duffy was an outstanding fitbawer

22 minutes ago, Dan Steele said:

You should have put your jacket over that chair and put an open newspaper on the table before joining the queue. Works every time. So I'm told.

The same technique can be used at work. Leave your computer on screen saver, and a spare coat over the back of your chair when you go home at night. In the morning people will think you're in early when they get into the office. 

16 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Genuinely never considered that to be arsehole behaviour.  Me, the wife and son always do that.  Strange if all 3 of us queued up to order and then looked for a table IMO.