Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

23 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

The 'observer effect' in action where the birds don't exist until you see them; proper quantum mechanics Einstein sh*t.

Is that the same as the age old question of does a falling tree make a noise in the middle of a forest when there are no humans around?

25 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

The 'observer effect' in action where the birds don't exist until you see them; proper quantum mechanics Einstein sh*t.

1 minute ago, Soapy FFC said:

Is that the same as the age old question of does a falling tree make a noise in the middle of a forest when there are no humans around?

Very human centric arrogance.

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I had microwave-reheated lasagne for lunch (leftovers from last night).  Brings out the oily juicy goodness or something. 

Regardless of the cause, it always tastes better the next day.  Anyone who disagrees deserves nothing but cardboard for their breakfast, lunch & dinner.

Not microwaved that doesn't, unless your tongue has been wiped out by the volcanic hot spots already. Curries, stews etc. are a different story. 

Reheated pasta belongs in the oven, where it can be both heated through and baked to extra crispy levels. 

Why is it that every sports person or singer thinks they'll be a good actor? Watching Road House and as much as it is a shit movie anyway when that absolute w****r Conor McGregor appears then proceeds to put in the worst acting performance I've ever seen. Post Malone was also shite at the start, should've turned off there.

3 hours ago, Empty It said:

Why is it that every sports person or singer thinks they'll be a good actor? Watching Road House and as much as it is a shit movie anyway when that absolute w****r Conor McGregor appears then proceeds to put in the worst acting performance I've ever seen. Post Malone was also shite at the start, should've turned off there.

They usually don't - it's just that, when they get famous enough, film producers start offering them silly money to be in their films. Certainly won't hurt the box office if MC Spanky Wump Nuttz's fan base turns out to see them embarrass themselves.

Makes you wonder how many of them turn it down. There's a rumour* that Michael Winner tried to get Nigel Mansell to take over from Charles Bronson in the Death Wish films.

* that I just made up

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

They usually don't - it's just that, when they get famous enough, film producers start offering them silly money to be in their films. Certainly won't hurt the box office if MC Spanky Wump Nuttz's fan base turns out to see them embarrass themselves.

Makes you wonder how many of them turn it down. There's a rumour* that Michael Winner tried to get Nigel Mansell to take over from Charles Bronson in the Death Wish films.

* that I just made up

You'd be seething being a decent actor like Jake Gyllenhaal having to work with people with literally zero experience. 

Just now, Empty It said:

You'd be seething being a decent actor like Jake Gyllenhaal having to work with people with literally zero experience. 

Folk like Laurence Olivier used to be offended at having to work with people who hadn't spent at least a decade on stage pursuing The Bard.

He'd probably have thought Gyllenhaal was an amateur.

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Folk like Laurence Olivier used to be offended at having to work with people who hadn't spent at least a decade on stage pursuing The Bard.

Olivier's career really took off after he took acting lessons from William Shatner

Spoiler

Citation Needed

6 minutes ago, BFTD said:

But you missed out one major point and that is Laurence Olivier was a p***k.

6 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

Nah. The better question is ... If a man sees a tree in a forest, then meets his wife back at their hotel, and the tree falls over during the night, how the fk is it automatically the husband's fault?

3 minutes ago, Empty It said:

But you missed out one major point and that is Laurence Olivier was a p***k.

I understand Gyllenhaal demanded to know if McGregor had experience in smell-the-fart acting.

17 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Top tip. When the wife brings you soup...wait a few minutes before diving in.

You can thank me later!

17 hours ago, BFTD said:

Re: the soup thing. Do you not just wait five minutes until it's cooled down?

Madness.

Are you the sort of folk who have the heating on full blast and the windows open as it's too hot? 

15 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

If you are heating something up, there is a core temperature that needs to be reached. 

15 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Correct - 97.5 °C.

Which is all well and good but as I already said, in common with most Asian countries, they serve almost all food lukewarm so the issue is her inconsistency. 

4 hours ago, hk blues said:

Madness.

Are you the sort of folk who have the heating on full blast and the windows open as it's too hot? 

Obviously! I believe that's also the cure for cancer, flatulence, hypogonadism, and low toner in office printers.