Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

32 minutes ago, southernrover said:

Aye, I tried a cheap 'Excuse me, you dropped your ticket' but it fell on deaf ears, but to be honest I probably wouldn't have said anything if the offender looked like they'd give me any bother. Not worth the hassle sadly.

A similar story that I may have told before, which I believe because I met the guy and he was built like a tank...

Dunkeld car park, doors open and "mackydee"* crap dumped and doors closed.  He got out his car, picked it up opened their boot and dumped it back in to the car.  Four doors open, they got out, promptly got back in and drove off.

* Recurring theme, other fast food retailers are available for arsehole behaviour.

Edited by Loonytoons

My bank has said they're phasing out the wee book I have for my savings account. 

I'm old fashioned, don't do internet banking, and quite like having the wee book. 

Fortunately they are offering a sort of alternative for luddites like me. 

We all know there are morons who crowd the train door on the platform when the train stops, often barring the way for folk to get off.

Yesterday was no exception on the train I was on. I was getting off at Inverkeithing and the usual idiots had crowded the door but chief among them was an especially thick woman who actually uttered a surprised "Oh!" that someone (me) was getting off the train and she was in the way and had to move.

She's probably the same type of person who is surprised she needs to pay when in a shop and queuing at the till, being startled that they are being asked to pay for what they're buying and then raking around in a bag for ages to find their purse.

Commentators and pundits who talk about a player 'gambling' in a match, in relation to a chance, usually a ball across the box.

Moronic talk. What they really mean, and should say, is 'anticipating'.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Commentators and pundits who talk about a player 'gambling' in a match, in relation to a chance, usually a ball across the box.

Moronic talk. What they really mean, and should say, is 'anticipating'.

Not sure on that. Anticipating suggests taking the most statistically likely option, gambling would more suggest taking an option less likely to happen but comes with greater reward if you are correct.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Not sure on that. Anticipating suggests taking the most statistically likely option, gambling would more suggest taking an option less likely to happen but comes with greater reward if you are correct.

That's my take on that one. 

Generally a perfectly good phrase but these are pundits we're talking about and @parsforlife has probably got grounds for said punters clichès.

On 08/08/2024 at 09:55, scottsdad said:

Phoned the bank. 

"Does she have any letters from the HMRC?"

"She's 14."

"Does she have any correspondence from the DVLA?"

"She's 14"

"Does she have bank statements from any other banks?"

"This is her first account I'm trying to open. She's 14."

and so on.

Starling. Open in your name and kid zone for own card.

GoHenry charges.

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

Starling. Open in your name and kid zone for own card.

GoHenry charges.

Used Starling for your charity, main kerd account was rejected. (Had funds btw)

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

We all know there are morons who crowd the train door on the platform when the train stops, often barring the way for folk to get off.

Yesterday was no exception on the train I was on. I was getting off at Inverkeithing and the usual idiots had crowded the door but chief among them was an especially thick woman who actually uttered a surprised "Oh!" that someone (me) was getting off the train and she was in the way and had to move.

She's probably the same type of person who is surprised she needs to pay when in a shop and queuing at the till, being startled that they are being asked to pay for what they're buying and then raking around in a bag for ages to find their purse.

As you are getting off the train and will be higher than the person getting on an "accidental" boot in the pie is justified

19 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Is "getting off at Inverkeithing" a variant of the risky contraception technique known in Edinburgh as "getting off at Haymarket"?

5 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Is "getting off at Inverkeithing" a variant of the risky contraception technique known in Edinburgh as "getting off at Haymarket"?

It could be, but given it's even before the bridge I dread to think what it would be.

13 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Things hanging down off ceiling, in particular lights.  Why the f**k is it fitted 3ft off the ceiling to create an unnecessary hazard that will inevitably be headbutted? 

Mrs Coprolite likes to booby trap the garden so if i'm out playing "football" or "badminton" with the kids i'll almost always end up being struck behind the ear by a bird feeder and getting a load of niger seeds down my back. 

23 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Things hanging down off ceiling, in particular lights.  Why the f**k is it fitted 3ft off the ceiling to create an unnecessary hazard that will inevitably be headbutted? 

I’m guessing for the payout on your life insurance policy.

Had a migraine that left me utterly useless yesterday. Fine, it happens. 

What's not so good is that it's left me feeling what can best be described as viciously hungover today. Which is just a lovely feeling when I have to be at work today.

On 10/08/2024 at 10:37, 'WellDel said:

Heading through to Edinburgh today, fully expecting the Fringe to have brought out countless out of tune chancers hoping dozy Yank tourists, willing to part with their cash at the mere sight of someone in a kilt, will throw them a few sheckles. 

I was a young student nurse in Edinburgh on the date of my 21st.  All day session ended up with me and a BF of one of my flatmates sitting on the pavement outside the Burke and Hare singing Elvis songs.
Some daft tourist gave us £20 for making him laugh

Edited by Peil

Minor one here, but people are complaining that teachers can now apply for a Blue Light discount card.

I just don't get the upset, it's a discount card, run by a private company. No-one else is losing rights over this, they are expanding it, yet people are going off about how teachers "don't deserve it"

If it was any other discount scheme they wouldn't give a fk

Edited by Peil

2 hours ago, Peil said:

Minor one here, but people are complaining that teachers can now apply for a Blue Light discount card.

I just don't get the upset, it's a discount card, run by a private company. No-one else is losing rights over this, they are expanding it, yet people are going off about how teachers "don't deserve it"

If it was any other discount scheme they wouldn't give a fk

What is a Blue Light discount card? I'm slightly nervous to google it.