Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The stars/dots on this site not working properly. 

Used to be if you have posted on a thread it's a star; if not it's a dot. Now it's a dot in threads i have posted in (including this one). 

23 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

An contraire! Tomatoes were cultivated by the Romans to accompany bacon and sausage. FACT!

That type of thinking belongs in the 'Crimes Against Humanity' thread

21 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

One of the sorest things happened to me with a grilled tomato, cooking a fry up for myself and the mrs, i dropped one on my bare foot, the heat that came off it was unreal, had to run upstairs and stick my foot in the bath and run cold water on it for 10 mins, and then spray it with burn spray and cover my foot in clingfilm.

My wife thought it was hilarious, me hopping about cursing and screaming like a big girl's blouse, and i wasn't seeing the funny side at all. Seriously, it felt like boiling water from a kettle had been poured on my foot, the grilled tomato could've been used as a good weapon to repel invaders storming a castle if they ran out of boiling oil. 

A tomato is about 95% water and the frying pan would be well over 100C, so it was like pouring boiling water from the kettle. You were smart to take it seriously.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Used to be if you have posted on a thread it's a star; if not it's a dot. Now it's a dot in threads i have posted in (including this one). 

Aye, noticed that too. Bit annoying.

56 minutes ago, GordonS said:

A tomato is about 95% water and the frying pan would be well over 100C, so it was like pouring boiling water from the kettle. You were smart to take it seriously.

:lol:

Aye the intense pain from the heat of the tomato helped with my decision to take it seriously. Also clamped right onto my skin and held the heat in like molten tar.

I'd have been no good as a spy being tortured for information, drop a hot tomato on me and i'd have told you everything.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Also happening to me. Some of them have a star, but others don't. 

5 hours ago, scottsdad said:

3 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I'm getting this too.

3 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Aye, noticed that too. Bit annoying.

2 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Also happening to me. Some of them have a star, but others don't. 

This is how The Wasteland started. 

2 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

This is how The Wasteland started. 

April is the cruellest month, breeding
heads gone out of the red dots..

I suspect you were thinking of another The Wasteland but I'm erudite and just thought of T.S. Eliot

4 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

:lol:

Aye the intense pain from the heat of the tomato helped with my decision to take it seriously. Also clamped right onto my skin and held the heat in like molten tar.

I'd have been no good as a spy being tortured for information, drop a hot tomato on me and i'd have told you everything.

Dropping tomatoes and spilling beans.  Your kitchen must be a midden.

16 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Dropping tomatoes and spilling beans.  Your kitchen must be a midden.

No sure i'd be in my own kitchen getting tortured for info when i was spilling the beans, would prob be some secret location they take you to, like a black site.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

No sure i'd be in my own kitchen getting tortured for info when i was spilling the beans, would prob be some secret location they take you to, like a black site.

Aye, right enough.  You'd have to hope someone would find you and save your bacon.

23 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Happening to me too. I’m also getting logged out all the time. Annoying.

When I turn off my car the radio stays on until you open the door. Fair enough if the driver’s door is opened, but opening the passenger door does it as well. So, if my wife pops into the shop, as soon as she opens the door the radio goes off forcing me to waste unnecessary effort to turn it back on.

1 hour ago, Soapy FFC said:

When I turn off my car the radio stays on until you open the door. Fair enough if the driver’s door is opened, but opening the passenger door does it as well. So, if my wife pops into the shop, as soon as she opens the door the radio goes off forcing me to waste unnecessary effort to turn it back on.

Get your wife to climb out the window. 

Good enough for Daisy Duke,  good enough for anyone.