The Cricket Thread

bewlay

39 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

It's got slow and boring now. 

Proper test cricket, ho ho.

Best scenario for the game is England being bowled out with a lead of 180-odd at the end of the day, and I'd give WI a 7 out of 10 chance of getting it tomorrow.

Proper test cricket, ho ho.
Best scenario for the game is England being bowled out with a lead of 180-odd at the end of the day, and I'd give WI a 7 out of 10 chance of getting it tomorrow.
That's what I'm hoping.

Need these top order guys do get out soon, and then see some action as they post a reasonable target. Could be amazing tomorrow.

Or England could get through the day 4 or 5 down, and that kills it a bit.

Heading for an inevitable draw here although England will have the momentum if they get a few wickets in the fourth innings, Stuart Broad coming back with a point to prove in the next Test may be a decisive factor.

7 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Heading for an inevitable draw here although England will have the momentum if they get a few wickets in the fourth innings, Stuart Broad coming back with a point to prove in the next Test may be a decisive factor.

Inevitable draw?  I’d say this is heading for a terrific finish.  England have done very well to get out of trouble - anything over a 250 run lead will be a challenge for the West Indies to get.

Thoroughly enjoying Athers' round-up of the scores in the village 3rd XI league, especially the guy who smashed his own window with a 6, and the 72 ball duck.

ETA: they've gone full TMS with Atherton reading out something he probably shouldn't have, and the rest of them pishing themselves in the background

Edited by Mark Connolly

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Inevitable draw?  I’d say this is heading for a terrific finish.  England have done very well to get out of trouble - anything over a 250 run lead will be a challenge for the West Indies to get.

It is day 4 so in order to set a target we are only looking at a couple of sessions to go, the Windies might collapse but it isn't looking likely.

4 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Same old same old with 3 wickets down in 5 or 6 overs, Buttler just isn't good enough with the bat imo.

4 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Same old same old with 3 wickets down in 5 or 6 overs, Buttler just isn't good enough with the bat imo.

Buttler is ok for the Hit  & Giggle stuff , don't think he's a test match batsman 

6 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Should be the end of Buttler's test career. The two at the crease now have to hang about or England's tail will really have to wag

Yep,his game is clearly more suited to white ball cricket, Ben Foakes will get more runs & is a better keeper into the bargain,  YJB would also be more successful batting at 7 where he won't get bowled through the gate by the new ball.