The Cricket Thread

bewlay

His scoring rate is good at one day level, and he has a brilliant average. Arguably the most talented batsman England have out with KP.

England shouldn't be comparing players with the de Villiers and McCullums, they should be comparing them with the players they can pick. For me, Bell needs to start.

de Villiers is South African, I'm sure England have at least tried to pick him.

I think Moores will go, he should go as well but I can't see Flower coming back. I think they'd bring in Giles.

I'd like to see them give it to Mark Robinson though, he's done well with the Lions. Not a big enough name though, I suppose.

I'd like to see an Australian get the gig. The team seems too soft, and they need someone a little rough around the edges to get that steel back. Jason Gillespie would be my pick.

I'd like to see an Australian get the gig. The team seems too soft, and they need someone a little rough around the edges to get that steel back. Jason Gillespie would be my pick.

Likewise. He's apparently very well liked in the county circuit as a guy who knows what he's talking about.

Moores always seemed a terrible choice. His only redeeming feature was that he isn't Ashley Giles.

Gillespie does a great job at Yorkshire by all accounts, not sure if they could stomach an Aussie in charge though. Seemed to have a great cricket brain whenever I've seen him in the TV studio as well.

Gillespie does a great job at Yorkshire by all accounts, not sure if they could stomach an Aussie in charge though. Seemed to have a great cricket brain whenever I've seen him in the TV studio as well.

They had Troy Cooley as the bowling coach for a while, very successfully.

I listen to the Geek and Friends cricket podcast (which is excellent). I particularly liked Peter Miller's comments that if he was at the England centre of excellence and saw a young bowler talking to David Saker he'd stage an intervention.

Several bowlers have told him off the record that after being asked to visit the "high performance centre" they bowled slower thereafter and it fucked their action up.

It takes the England set up generally 6 months to end a promising fast bowler's career.

Delighted Morgan and Rankin did what was best for their careers

Couldn't have happened to nicer lads

Err, both absolutely did what was best for their careers. They'd stepped up.

Which is why they have Central Contracts, a very high income and are eligible for Test Match cricket and aren't scrabbling about in the wastelands of Associate cricket.

Likewise. He's apparently very well liked in the county circuit as a guy who knows what he's talking about.

Moores always seemed a terrible choice. His only redeeming feature was that he isn't Ashley Giles.

Peter Moores is English cricket's version of Maurice Malpas or Billy Stark. Absolutely no quality as a coach whatsoever, but plenty of pals in the establishment and media to ensure he keeps getting a job.

Peter Moores is English cricket's version of Maurice Malpas or Billy Stark. Absolutely no quality as a coach whatsoever, but plenty of pals in the establishment and media to ensure he keeps getting a job.

Just astonishing how badly mismanaged they've been over the past couple of years.

The whole Cook fiasco for example.

In fact thinking about it, the best thing English cricket could do is get rid of that absolute chucklefuck Giles "We don't want uncompetitive games at the World Cup" Clarke tomorrow.

Start at the top.

Get it right fucking up you you weird c**t, imagine supporting England over Scotland.

Yer a fud

There is no history between the two nations in this sport, Scotland barely play the game.

But if its simply anti English bile you're spouting then continue to make a knob of yourself.

Fantastic. :lol: Really feel for the Scots supporting England over their own country today. #prayforjmo

Given the circumstances it's those of us supporting their own country and our neighbours that merit sympathy.

Those who chose one over the other only had one miserable campaign to endure.

I'm embracing my Kiwi heritage from here on

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

You support two football teams in the same country, I'm sure your head was all over the place when Arbroath played Celtic a couple of years back, you really aren't in a position to comment.

I support Arbroath. I like Dundee United. I don't support Celtic. You are a fucking moron.

Also it's totally different to supporting 2 different countries. He's Scottish. Supporting England over Scotland when you're scottish makes you a fucking idiot.

Wouldn't surprise me if you do this.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

There is no history between the two nations in this sport, Scotland barely play the game.

But if its simply anti English bile you're spouting then continue to make a knob of yourself.

They barely play the game? They're at the World Cup. Someone I know from Arbroath who plays cricket wanted England to beat Scotland as they have a better chance of winning the tournament. Fucking bizarre