The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Woakes is county level and should have been replaced with Harry Gurney.

All my opinion obviously but with the shadow of Pietersen hovering over this World Cup, I can see Moores going before the Ashes.

I don't think Gurney (or Jordan) are terribly much better than Woakes. The Nigels have a big problem in the seam bowling department - Anderson is over the peak of the bell curve, Broad isn't firing, and Finn hasn't got the same spike in his bowling since his action got remodelled. They'll probably be okay against NZ in the Tests in favourable conditions, but the Aussies will murder them in the summer.

Fancy Bangladesh to give them a scare.

Scotland v Bangladesh tonight.This is possibly the weakest of the Test sides but they have been on the ODI circuit a long time and will definitely be a scalp for Scotland.

Great performance so far! Superb knock by Coetzer. He was coming through at Aberdeenshire at the same time as I was dobbing about in the Grades, think he was playing for the firsts at 15. Was some talent even at that age, he's forged a solid career but surprised he hasn't been a bit more successful in the County scene.

Finally showing what we can do with the bat. Bangladesh are rattled.

Edited by AberdeenBud