The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Managed to find a U.S. Feed for the Ireland vs Zimbabwe game, which is one of the most sedate one-day games I've ever seen. It's a mix of Sky and Australian commentary with the added benefit of the pretty hilarious ESPN Sportscenter trails. It's great!

That was an outstanding finish (I only saw the last 3 overs).

Ireland got very lucky with that catch on the boundary. I think the rope moved but the lad had basically walked by that stage. Fine lines.

For those of you that are in the know will Scotland ever be able to do n Ireland? Do we have that potential?

There seemed to be quite a bit of hype around us this time but we've been bang average as far as I can see. I thought we had set a score that we could defend in that last match but Bangladesh blew us away without much concern.

For those of you that are in the know will Scotland ever be able to do n Ireland? Do we have that potential?

There seemed to be quite a bit of hype around us this time but we've been bang average as far as I can see. I thought we had set a score that we could defend in that last match but Bangladesh blew us away without much concern.

Ireland have better individual players. The Joyce brothers, Boyd Rankin, Eoin Morgan - these guys are a class above anyone Scotland has produced in recent years. Gavin Hamilton was the last genuinely class player we've produced.

That said, Ireland have shown better coaching, captaincy and mental strength. There's no reason why Scotland don't have two wins from this group. They choked.

I think Scotland, like a few of the Associates, would benefit from more regular competition against decent teams. Things like seeing an innings out are as much down to experience as any innate skill.

That said, trying to squeeze more matches into an already packed calendar would be tricky.

Belter of a game in progress at the SCG just now. Australia racked up 376-9, Sri Lanka are 133-1 after 20 overs in reply. Mitchell Johnson got scudded for 34 runs in his first 3 overs, with Dilshan and Sangakarra both well set this could be a cracker.