The Cricket Thread

bewlay

This was an even more embarrassing performance than their footballers served up in Brazil in the summer.

To not even make the quarter final? Hilarious :lol:

Tremendous stuff :lol::lol: :lol:

It has been asked on here before but where the hell do they go from here. I would guess we have seen the last of Moores, Bell, Ballance, Morgan, Taylor, Finn, Bopara, Broad and Anderson at ODI's.

This was an even more embarrassing performance than their footballers served up in Brazil in the summer.

To not even make the quarter final? Hilarious :lol:

Thing is, this was supposed to be the best prepared team England have sent to a World Cup. Shifted the Ashes around to suit, played nothing but 1 day cricket since September. As Sir Geoffrey pointed out when they were discussing that point, "They haven't learned owt, coaches or players."

It has been asked on here before but where the hell do they go from here. I would guess we have seen the last of Moores, Bell, Ballance, Morgan, Taylor, Finn, Bopara, Broad and Anderson at ODI's.

Taylor???

He's been one of their best players in ODI cricket in the last 6 months.

Why on Earth would they drop Bell?

Why on Earth would they drop Bell?

He doesnt score quickly enough and puts pressure on those coming in later but obviously he should keep his place in the test team. team.

Still don't think Taylor will be in a "new" squad.

He doesnt score quickly enough and puts pressure on those coming in later but obviously he should keep his place in the test team. team.

Still don't think Taylor will be in a "new" squad.

His scoring rate is good at one day level, and he has a brilliant average. Arguably the most talented batsman England have out with KP.

England shouldn't be comparing players with the de Villiers and McCullums, they should be comparing them with the players they can pick. For me, Bell needs to start.

I don't really how see Peter Moores can keep his job after that. He's simply not up to the task.

I'd bring Flower back.

I think Moores will go, he should go as well but I can't see Flower coming back. I think they'd bring in Giles.

I'd like to see them give it to Mark Robinson though, he's done well with the Lions. Not a big enough name though, I suppose.

Surely the IPL question will have to be addressed?

Other star batsman are being far more aggressive and some of the strike rates this WC have just been incredible. It's fair to assume they have adapted this from the T20 format.

If the ECB are effectively blocking centrally contracted players from playing in this tournament, then they are being left behind. And to think it was only 4 years ago they won the T20 world cup? Miles behind the rest now