The Cricket Thread

bewlay

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

8 down, 340 lead. England should declare tonight imo then let the bowlers loose tomorrow with almost a full day's rest in the tank.

Can't see England declaring. Not with 3 days left. They'll hope Overton and Tommy Robinson can stick another 30-40 on to the total.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

8 down, 340 lead. England should declare tonight imo then let the bowlers loose tomorrow with almost a full day's rest in the tank.

3 days left and no weather concerns. Absolutely nothing to be gained in declaring just now, much better to keep India out there, and hopefully get frustrated by the tail having a good wag.

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

Liam Livingstone currently batting in the blast at Taunton.  Skelping it everywhere.

As I hit submit he chips it straight back to the bowler 😂

I have tickets for Finals Day so would quite like to see him get through tonight.

11 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

3 days left and no weather concerns. Absolutely nothing to be gained in declaring just now, much better to keep India out there, and hopefully get frustrated by the tail having a good wag.

You’d imagine they’d declare at 9 down rather than have Anderson make his usual 7 from 32 balls.  Those Overton runs are probably ensuring that England won’t have to bat again.

25 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

You’d imagine they’d declare at 9 down rather than have Anderson make his usual 7 from 32 balls.  Those Overton runs are probably ensuring that England won’t have to bat again.

For me, there's so much time left that having Anderson just annoy them by sticking around and putting more miles in the bowlers legs is worth it. 

Had a look to see if there's any rain due. There's no rain due. Rahul if he gets in could hang around for a long time but you know it's only matter of time before Rohit tries the hook for 6. I just don't trust him to play test match cricket.

45 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
1 hour ago, Jimi Shandrix said:
India win a session. These two need to go big.  

Lose a wicket right after tea. Kohli needs to really show up now.

He just needs a 50 or 60 to get a bit of  confidence back. India would need another 400 plus runs from here to make

England a little twitchy. It's not happening. 

I love listening to Bumble and  Mikey but I wish I could mute the crowd. That don't take me home song is fucking horrible.

Edited by Jimi Shandrix