The Cricket Thread

bewlay

3 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

I've no idea what the best ever bowling figures on debut are, but Potts has just got his 3rd wicket for 6 runs.

Incredible. Probably thinks he's still asleep and having the best dream of his life!

New Zealand still well in this with the fall of Root. As I said previously the England tail is long. Then there is England's seeming inability to get much past 300. England would have been hoping for a lead of 150+ which right now looks a massive ask.

3 hours ago, HTG said:

New Zealand have been largely woeful, England quite the opposite. Can't help but feel that we're setting the impacts of the IPL on test cricket to an extent. 

I take half of this back. England are pish. Impact of IPL remains - particularly on shot selection. 

One Innings each game it is then, as a LCCC member I already know the answer but how bad is Matt Parkinson that Jimmy gets moved up to Ten? Should have sneaked Liam Livingstone in as the replacement spinner, God knows he and Joe Root aren't that much worse than Leach.

18 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

One Innings each game it is then, as a LCCC member I already know the answer but how bad is Matt Parkinson that Jimmy gets moved up to Ten?

And yet he still managed to score more runs than six of his teammates!