Golfers Thread

Gaz

Played Birkdale today. Obviously a wonderful course and tough test but not quite at the same level as the Ailsa for me in terms of difficulty, quality of course and scenery. Some of the bunkers were a bit of a joke at Birkdale for £250 a round. Sooner The Open returns to Turnberry the better IMO, regardless of Trump.

Started with a 13 and an 8, and thought I was in for the most miserable round of my life, then played some of my best golf and managed to finish 97 which I will happily take after that start.

Anyone on here ever chosen to go full kit when attending a golf tournament?
No, but I did wear my golf shoes the last time I went to the Open at Troon.

I used to be a member of the St. Andrew's Ambulance association and would help provide first aid cover at various sporting events, including the Scottish Open at Gleneagles. We would always get quite a few folk with bad leg injuries (including the occasional break) due to them having on inadequate footwear, including one daft bint who had on 3 inch high heels.

7 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

I used to be a member of the St. Andrew's Ambulance association and would help provide first aid cover at various sporting events, including the Scottish Open at Gleneagles. We would always get quite a few folk with bad leg injuries (including the occasional break) due to them having on inadequate footwear, including one daft bint who had on 3 inch high heels.

I've worn golf shoes a few times as well. As you say, I think some people attend these events expecting tarmac walkways all the way round the course. 

Bishopbriggs is getting there, the frost in April killed the growth stone dead, and with there being hardly any rain then the fairways were quite bare, as they had been cut but then didn't grow back as would normally be expected. Greens weren't so bad as they were getting watered when needed.
Mine are that same just now, greens getting better week by week but still a bit of bobble guys are working on them every day or two, everywhere IV played has been the same recently

Went to the Scottish open at dundonald few years ago my mate wore his golf shoes, (not his first open) I laughed and thought he was stupid, I fell about 8 times one that could have been a sore one needless to say next time I'll be wearing spikes, it was a sunny day too [emoji1787]

That feeling when it's a major championship and good sized crowds are back in

Celebrate Will Smith GIF

That feeling when you realise the crowd are full of American wankers

angry bryan safi GIF by TV Land

Just turned it on. I like him, but Rickie Fowler's moustache should be considered an international war crime.

Didn’t realise that Brad Faxon has joined the Sky team for the week. Nice guy and usually very informative whenever I’ve heard him so hopefully he proves to be a good addition. Fingers crossed it means less air time for McGinlay.

Who called Keegan Bradley and Henrik Stenson making comebacks?
ETA: 17 is an absolute fucking horror. Hopefully there are scenes there on Sunday.
McGinley tweeted this earlier, aim at the bunker and smack it as hard as I could would be my tactic.