Golfers Thread

Gaz

10 hours ago, funky_nomad said:

I heard at the weekend that Balbirnie have broken ranks and have returned rakes to the course for general usage (although players have to use a towel/glove to handle them...). No doubt someone will have reported them to Scottish Golf by now... 😒

I'm a member there and I can confirm we are raking bunkers 

Just now, lichtie23 said:

Great to hear. I considered taking my own expandable rake and raking after I’d been in the bunker 

I've seen a few people carting around those wee plastic clip on rakes, but (having used one once) they don't half get sand all over your grips. And it'd need everyone having/using them to actually make any difference...

1 hour ago, funky_nomad said:

I've seen a few people carting around those wee plastic clip on rakes, but (having used one once) they don't half get sand all over your grips. And it'd need everyone having/using them to actually make any difference...

I’d only be raking my foot prints in all honesty. Wouldn’t stop me ending In Someone else’s. If I ended up raking the entire bunker then I’d add another 30-40 minutes to my round 

Edited by lichtie23

19 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Put me down for the can't wait to putt without the flag in team. 

And also the can't wait to play from a bunker that doesn't look like a group of wild animals live there.

I'm now a flag in putter...don't think I'll revert back 

whats the condition of everyones local course...i play up at piperdam just outside dundee and the greens are fucking awful for this time of year...that snow and ice a few months ago has fucked them up bigtime.
Bishopbriggs is getting there, the frost in April killed the growth stone dead, and with there being hardly any rain then the fairways were quite bare, as they had been cut but then didn't grow back as would normally be expected. Greens weren't so bad as they were getting watered when needed.

Re the rake issue.

I know of one club (which shall remain nameless) where they have put all the rakes in a bucket at the first tee, one player in each group takes a rake and they are the only person to use it. At the end of the round it is thoroughly cleaned and put back in the bucket.

56 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Re the rake issue.

I know of one club (which shall remain nameless) where they have put all the rakes in a bucket at the first tee, one player in each group takes a rake and they are the only person to use it. At the end of the round it is thoroughly cleaned and put back in the bucket.

That’s a great idea.

Both Scots out close together, Bob starts on the 10th at 7.49am local time, Laird from the first at 7.55am.

Swap starting tees for round 2 with Bob out at 1.14pm, and Laird at 1.20 pm.

5 hours time difference.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Both Scots out close together, Bob starts on the 10th at 7.49am local time, Laird from the first at 7.55am.

Swap starting tees for round 2 with Bob out at 1.14pm, and Laird at 1.20 pm.

5 hours time difference.

MacIntyre and Catlin will presumably know each other from the European Tour so that's a decent draw. 

Champ seems to be having a really poor season after a promising season last year. 

MacIntyre and Catlin will presumably know each other from the European Tour so that's a decent draw. 
Champ seems to be having a really poor season after a promising season last year. 
My bad, I had Champ in my original fantasy line up, although tbf he hasn't improved much since he was transferred out at the earliest opportunity.

10 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
23 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

My bad, I had Champ in my original fantasy line up, although he hasn't improved much since he was transferred out at the earliest opportunity.

Yeah me too :lol:

Pretty sure bob beat champ at walker cup. Heard him talk about how far he hit it in an interview
Bob beat him 6 and 4 on the Saturday, halved the match with him on the Sunday.

As well as Champ, the Americans had Morikawa, Scheffler, McNealy and Zalatoris who are all now doing well on Tour. Not as many recognisable names in the GB and I Iine up. Connor Syme lost both his singles, Scheffler beating him 1 up on the Sunday.