Golfers Thread

Gaz

On 18/05/2021 at 17:09, peasy23 said:

Re the rake issue.

I know of one club (which shall remain nameless) where they have put all the rakes in a bucket at the first tee, one player in each group takes a rake and they are the only person to use it. At the end of the round it is thoroughly cleaned and put back in the bucket.

Meanwhile, Ladybank have just started selling branded versions of those rake attachment thingies:

785199f5-e9c8-66c2-a465-29700c244b64.jpg

An absolute bargain at £9... 🤣

What odds will you give me that they'll be selling these at £1 a pop in a couple of months once Scottish Golf sees the logic behind approaches like Balbirnie's?

11 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

$300 to play it, they said yesterday. I suspect I'd need about 3 dozen balls as well.

It's a resort course, so off suitable tees and not under championship conditions you'd have a ball.

74-77 for Rich Beem to finish on +7, a double bogey on 18 today has probably killed his chances of making the cut. +5 might just have sneaked in. That's a superb effort from somebody who only plays a handful of tourneys every year.

Just thinking exactly that. It's clear there are birdies out there but mistakes can be brutally punished here. 
Just look at Tringale who has just gone 10-7-5 thru holes 16-18. A few bad swings and you are running up big numbers.

3 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Would be tremendous to see Phil in contention on Sunday. Going balls out against the young team.

I'm all for someone mixing it up with the young bombers, but I would prefer it not to be Mickelson that's mixing it.