Golfers Thread

Gaz

3 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Wind looks brutal on course this morning. Just watched Tiger and Adrian Meronk hot stingers into the par 3 11th

Beautiful, let’s hope it stays that way to give them something to think about (albeit as a fan out on the course I’m not particularly looking forward to being blown about like an empty tracksuit).

23 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

It's undeniably a terrible course. I mean I'm not telling any lies here. I'm sorry if that upsets you.

No, The old Course is a decent but not wonderful course.  I think you are getting mixed up with Piperdam. 

Or maybe you are just trying to be controversial and people are not paying you enough attention.

38 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Leave what out?  

This pish...

26 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

It's undeniably a terrible course. I mean I'm not telling any lies here. I'm sorry if that upsets you.

We get it. You don't like the course, we can all agree to disagree and enjoy the weeks golf. 

30 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

This pish...

We get it. You don't like the course, we can all agree to disagree and enjoy the weeks golf. 

But that's not agreeing to disagree is it? You told me to stop voicing my opinion. I don't like the old course. I think it's shockingly bad and I find it fascinating that the best players in the world play the biggest tournament in the world and what is essentially a goat track.

I also find it fascinating that people queue overnight to play about the twelfth best course in Fife.

The old course is the greatest marketing exercise in human history. That's what it is. St Andrews is not the home of golf. I'm sitting in a town where the earliest record of golf predates St Andrews by twenty years. St Andrews is where the R and A is based. That's it.

The town is cool the golf course is fucking terrible.

37 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

No, The old Course is a decent but not wonderful course.  I think you are getting mixed up with Piperdam. 

Or maybe you are just trying to be controversial and people are not paying you enough attention.

It's interesting. The more you see it the more you understand and appreciate it. But if you judge it purely as a golf course it's pretty awful. There's one good hole.

36 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

You still reckon Augusta is a clown course as well aye? 

Yes absolutely. As I said before forty years ago it was probably good. But the way they have to set it up now cause it's an absolute piece of piss makes it an absolute  clown course. 

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Anyone managed to establish the exact location of any of the park and ride car parks?

Nothing on the website, or the parking pass, and twitter suggests the R&A are trying to keep it a secret until you actually arrive in Fife!

I was speaking to someone yesterday who had been up at St Andrews over the weekend and I think he said there was one situated near Guardbridge, so that would presumably be just off the A91.

10 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

But that's not agreeing to disagree is it? You told me to stop voicing my opinion. I don't like the old course. I think it's shockingly bad and I find it fascinating that the best players in the world play the biggest tournament in the world and what is essentially a goat track.

I also find it fascinating that people queue overnight to play about the twelfth best course in Fife.

The old course is the greatest marketing exercise in human history. That's what it is. St Andrews is not the home of golf. I'm sitting in a town where the earliest record of golf predates St Andrews by twenty years. St Andrews is where the R and A is based. That's it.

The town is cool the golf course is fucking terrible.

We've heard your opinion every time the course is played, we don't need to go over the same arguments. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

We've heard your opinion every time the course is played, we don't need to go over the same arguments. 

It's a forum it's for giving your opinion. I could say I've heard enough about what you think so stop posting but that would be ridiculous wouldn't it?

I don't care if you don't agree. I'm very comfortable in my views and perfectly able to expand on and defend them.  That's what a forum is for mate.

I mean home of golf, my golf club is older than St Andrews golf club. Home of golf my arse.

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I was speaking to someone yesterday who had been up at St Andrews over the weekend and I think he said there was one situated near Guardbridge, so that would presumably be just off the A91.

Yes there is one  at Guardbridge. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Just now, HalfCutNinja said:

It's a forum it's for giving your opinion. I could say I've heard enough about what you think so stop posting but that would be ridiculous wouldn't it?

I don't care if you don't agree. I'm very comfortable in my views and perfectly able to expand on and defend them.  That's what a forum is for mate.

I mean home of golf, my golf club is older than St Andrews golf club. Home of golf my arse.

I haven't given any opinion here, I was just asking you to leave out the same tired arguments you have with almost everyone on here when St Andrews is mentioned so we don't have 4 pages of petty nonsense but I can see you're hell bent on getting your point across again so I'll bow out and leave you to it.