Golfers Thread

Gaz

Perfect example of how St Andrews is nonsense and a myth. The road hole bunker is just a bunker. There's nothing special about it. Not particularly difficult, many harder greenside bunkers in that course (left of 11 the hardest) and on every decent links course. It's just completely unremarkable.
Slightly small to a small target and you land on a downslope. Probably a thousand more difficult greenside bunkers in Scotland.

Of course I would as the course doesn't merit it. St Andrews will be busy for the next 200 years if it never hosts another Open. No damage at all to the economy. And btw they actually lose money to host these things anyway. The course has been closed the last three and a half weeks. How much money you think they're making then?
Lose money. Absolute shite they are fucking raking in millions as is the local economy. I don't know much about golf courses and golf course design but I do know that this event makes an absolute fucking shitload of money for all involved.

An irregular voyeur of this thread, I do quite enjoy it when I dip in and catch up. I also reckon I quite like a bit of argument, however contrarian it may sometimes seem.

However, a special mention to @HalfCutNinja, after however many years on the board, you’re the one that’s finally popped my cherry on finding out how to activate the ignore function. 

Those that continue to debate with you, I admire their resilience.

Enjoy The Open everyone. 

Watching the coverage this morning thinking what a great bunch of guys Beem, Dougherty and Howell are. Could listen to them all day. Very impressed with the coverage this year.

Coltart also a brilliant guy. Every year at Scottish Open when I was a kid he’d give away all his golf balls, tees, towels and sign lots of autographs after each round. 

Just now, lichtie23 said:

So did they get reserve in for Rose? I’m struggling to watch any of it at work 

Yeah, the Japanese lad Rikuya Hoshino. Coltart found out Rose had withdrawn when Hoshino was announced on the tee!

I always like to see the amateurs do well, but Barclay Brown's hat makes me want to punch him in the face.

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

So did they get reserve in for Rose? I’m struggling to watch any of it at work 

Sure did. I forgot the boys name though. Alex Noren was the first name on standby allegedly and was in St Andrews on Tuesday but decided to head off to the States for the Barracuda - he’ll be devastated. 

6 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

Sure did. I forgot the boys name though. Alex Noren was the first name on standby allegedly and was in St Andrews on Tuesday but decided to head off to the States for the Barracuda - he’ll be devastated. 

Deary me! What a daft thing to do