Golfers Thread

Gaz

Sky Bet just reduced Ernie Els from 750/1 to 200/1
Still not a bad bet at that price. This is not a course for big hitters in its present form.

After his first three holes this morning I got him on 365 at 1000/1 ew

Loved him back in the day and it’s certainly playing well enough for even the oldies to hang about.

The concern for me is it’s looking like this will be the windiest day which could mean these guys taking the piss
Saw one forecast that said Saturday was to be the strongest wind, with it coming from a different direction than it has all week.

7 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
1 hour ago, Ignoramus said:
The concern for me is it’s looking like this will be the windiest day which could mean these guys taking the piss

Saw one forecast that said Saturday was to be the strongest wind, with it coming from a different direction than it has all week.

I hope we get that, because it all feels quite samey at the moment with guys either blasting drivers on to the green or just short of it and pitching on, a tougher day fighting the wind would be just what the doctor ordered 

1 hour ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:
1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
Spoke to soon, doubles the 13th...

Then misses for birdie on 14! Hopefully he can get into the clubhouse about 3 or 4 under

In at -2. He isn't the first and won't be the last to give a couple of shots back over the last 6 holes or so.

Working from home for the rest of the day 👍

I hope we get that, because it all feels quite samey at the moment with guys either blasting drivers on to the green or just short of it and pitching on, a tougher day fighting the wind would be just what the doctor ordered 
Yeah, absolutely, a windy Saturday would make for great viewing, one or two meltdowns guaranteed

8 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:
16 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:
Perfect example of how St Andrews is nonsense and a myth. The road hole bunker is just a bunker. There's nothing special about it. Not particularly difficult, many harder greenside bunkers in that course (left of 11 the hardest) and on every decent links course. It's just completely unremarkable.
Slightly small to a small target and you land on a downslope. Probably a thousand more difficult greenside bunkers in Scotland.

Of course I would as the course doesn't merit it. St Andrews will be busy for the next 200 years if it never hosts another Open. No damage at all to the economy. And btw they actually lose money to host these things anyway. The course has been closed the last three and a half weeks. How much money you think they're making then?

Lose money. Absolute shite they are fucking raking in millions as is the local economy. I don't know much about golf courses and golf course design but I do know that this event makes an absolute fucking shitload of money for all involved.

Yes mate. But the course has been closed for three and a half weeks before it. So they lose a shit ton of money. You make a loss to hold the open. You make it back in future by attracting more tourists, but St Andrews gets them anyway.