Golfers Thread

Gaz

4 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

And I care just as much. It's a forum mate. The idea is to express your opinion. 

Which you have done. Repeatedly. Just watch it unfold and enjoy it. Even if it is an embarrassment. If you cannot bring yourself to watch it, then go and weed the garden or something.

Edited by pozbaird

4 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Living in the highlands now, but Fife born and bred. Have played both the Old Course and Carnoustie, which might be a better test of golf, but St Andrews is by far the better venue.

Of course it is off the course. I already said the town is cool. But it's a golf tournament. What matters is the golf course. Portrush doesn't even have a town yet they went there. Carnoustie is light years better than St Andrews. You couldn't even adequately convey how big the chasm between them is. It's like comparing a Ferrari to a kids three wheeler, or flying in a jet to walking down the street. Light years better. 

And btw I know Fife There's only a couple of nice places. Given you just said Fife we know you're from one of the dives like methil or cupar or rosyth or some shit hole like that. So wind your neck in.

3 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

And btw I know Fife There's only a couple of nice places. Given you just said Fife we know you're from one of the dives like methil or cupar or rosyth or some shit hole like that. So wind your neck in.

🤣🤣🤣 what a fucking zoomer

11 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Living in the highlands now, but Fife born and bred. Have played both the Old Course and Carnoustie, which might be a better test of golf, but St Andrews is by far the better venue.

I mean if it was just about the venue theyd hold it in Edinburgh wouldn't they ? Hell of a lot better venue than St Andrews. Or London even. But they don't do that do they.

The score to par is irrelevant. Only the weirdos who set up the US Open worry about that sort of thing, and even then, they're less fussed about it these days.

All 4 majors have had winning scores both over par and in the high teens under par. We've had 8 winning totals of -15 or above in the Open this century.

7 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Good start for Rory, but we've been here plenty of times over the years. Will he manage 4 good rounds or will he throw in his usual Friday or Saturday shiter?

Think he has a very good chance this week. Often starts badly, not this week.

7 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Good start for Rory, but we've been here plenty of times over the years. Will he manage 4 good rounds or will he throw in his usual Friday or Saturday shiter?

Can’t see Rory doing that on this course, unless the wind and weather gets a bit tasty. Absolute stick-on that if anyone has a complete shiter after a couple of good rounds then it’ll be Lee Westwood.

26 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

I think he'll be right up there this year. Unless there is a drastic worsening of the weather (not forecast) I can't see him playing himself out of this before Sunday.

Maybe if Sky spent less time talking about their "strike meter" nonsense and more time showing you more than their favourite 6 or 7 players, then we'd all get on a lot better.

What about the Leaderboard ? Does it only have 2 pages now ??

This following 1 or 2 groups is a shambles and a step back rather than having cameras at specific holes where we can see most of the field coming through.

Nobody (surely) wants to watch every shot and practice swing of a couple of blokes struggling and over par.