Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I haven't given any opinion here, I was just asking you to leave out the same tired arguments you have with almost everyone on here when St Andrews is mentioned so we don't have 4 pages of petty nonsense but I can see you're hell bent on getting your point across again so I'll bow out and leave you to it. 

Why are you asking someone not to give their opinion on a forum just cause you don't agree. And if it stretches to four pages it's because of people like you trying to police other's opinions. That's breathtaking arrogance mate. I know the old course better than you ever will, I'm pretty well qualified to give an opinion on it.

1 hour ago, HalfCutNinja said:

How many times you been round the old course? About a hundred for me.

I don’t know if you say these things because in your head it sounds good, or that you think people will think you are really cool. You really do come across as a Walter Mitty esque bawbag with honkin patter like that. Naebdy is impressed and naebdy believes you.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I don’t know if you say these things because in your head it sounds good, or that you think people will think you are really cool. You really do come across as a Walter Mitty esque bawbag with honkin patter like that. Naebdy is impressed and naebdy believes you.

I don't care. I've done a bit of caddying on the old course and played it twice. So I know it quite well. I don't care if you don't agree or don't believe me.

But again you're personalizing. You posted just to attack me. No comment about the course or the golf or just countering my opinion. Just having a go at me personally cause I said I don't like a golf course you've walked twice in your life.

That's weird mate. Did you design it? Why does that bother you so much? Don't answer I'm not interested.

7 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

I don't care. I've done a bit of caddying on the old course and played it twice. So I know it quite well. I don't care if you don't agree or don't believe me.

But again you're personalizing. You posted just to attack me. No comment about the course or the golf or just countering my opinion. Just having a go at me personally cause I said I don't like a golf course you've walked twice in your life.

That's weird mate. Did you design it? Why does that bother you so much? Don't answer I'm not interested.

Have a day off you tedious loser.

So who’s everyone’s picks for the week? And what are your bets? 

Il have a proper look tonight but I like Spieth this week. Ryan Fox at a bigger price is tempting and I fancy Tiger to make the cut. 

Il have a proper look tonight but I like Spieth this week. Ryan Fox at a bigger price is tempting and I fancy Tiger to make the cut. 
Having a look today but see Sky Bet are paying up to 14 places EW, albeit they are at reduced odds.

I've backed Schauffele at a few tournaments before, he's been close to majors before and generally done OK at The Open, good win last week too.

Think top Scot could be a good tussle buy can't see a home winner unfortunately.

If everybody can just stop replying to Pep that'd be grand.

2 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:

It's undeniably a terrible course. I mean I'm not telling any lies here. I'm sorry if that upsets you.

I'm not upset Pep, I just find it hilarious as it's about the third time we've done this. Last year you claimed your dogshit opinions on The Old Course (and Augusta National) were more valid because you have a low handicap, this year it's because you've been round there a hundred times.

You were wrong last time and you're wrong again.

31 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I think this is Rory's moment. I'm pretty sure he would have won in 2015 if he'd played and his recent form is decent enough to put him right in the mix. 

As for the Scottish players, just 3 in the field so getting at least one of them into the weekend would be a start.