Golfers Thread

Gaz

29 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

What an absolutely sensational 1st page of the leaderboard! 

Imagine not liking this course 

1CA5E034-8EF6-44BD-A429-4AC477DACDB6.png

Good guy - Don’t know - Good guy - Good guy - wankjob - Dull guy - wankjob - Don’t know - Good guy - Bit of a wankjob.

Hoping for a wankjob-free final leaderboard… (brought to you by Rolex.)

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Good guy - Don’t know - Good guy - Good guy - wankjob - Dull guy - wankjob - Don’t know - Good guy - Bit of a wankjob.

I actually have a lot more respect for DJ than for the rest of the LIV folk.

He at least just came out and said he's doing it for the money

And also hasn't moaned about coming back to ply on other tours, he genuinely seems to be quite happy just to play the LIV events and the majors.

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Whore and Wankjob it is then.

I don't give a f**k about the scores. 150th Open, Tiger, Old Course, glorious weather, firm and fast and 4 or 5 of that leaderboard battling it out shooting 64s and 65s on Sunday afternoon.

48 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Not sure if you are serious, but I couldn't give a f**k about whether they are good, wankjobs, dull or whatever (*). They are all great players and IMO that's all that matters.

(*) Obviously this wouldn't apply to Mickelson. He's the wankjob's wankjob.

Really enjoyed the first two days with hopefully some cracking golf to come this weekend. Even St Andrew’s blighted by these f*ckin ars*holes with their inane screaming off the tee though, and ‘get in the hole’ shouts on the green. Everyone enjoys a good crowd atmosphere, but do we really have to put up with this shite, mainly imported from ‘over the pond’.

Edited by Clockwork

9 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Really enjoyed the first two days with hopefully some cracking golf to come this weekend. Even St Andrew’s blighted by these f*ckin ars*holes with their inane screaming off the tee though, and ‘get in the hole’ shouts on the green. Everyone enjoys a good crowd atmosphere, but do we really have to put up with this shite, mainly from ‘over the pond’.

Seems to be worse later in the day, for obvious reasons, perhaps made worse by the length of the rounds meaning people are still on site at 9 o'clock after drinking all day. Leaders go out at 3.55 today, it will be at least 9 before they get back in so can expect lots more of it this evening coming down 16, 17 and 18.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

The bit that annoys me most about the stupid shouts is folk laughing it, these dicks should be getting told to shut up or told to leave the course! 

It's shaping up to be a belter of a finish, aye the course is playing easy and I'm not normally into 25 under winning championships but this could be a great weekend of golf! 

Players out on the course and Sky are treating me to the thoughts of a 'golf content creator' who appeared a bit miffed at being asked if she was enjoying her first Open and insisted on saying it was her first mens Open. Super. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Players out on the course and Sky are treating me to the thoughts of a 'golf content creator' who appeared a bit miffed at being asked if she was enjoying her first Open and insisted on saying it was her first mens Open. Super. 

Not switched it on yet but was hoping to catch some of the early play. The wind is light at the moment so it should be a chance for a few early starters to put down a score. 

6 minutes ago, Albertlegend said:

The bit that annoys me most about the stupid shouts is folk laughing it, these dicks should be getting told to shut up or told to leave the course! 

It's shaping up to be a belter of a finish, aye the course is playing easy and I'm not normally into 25 under winning championships but this could be a great weekend of golf! 

I think - 20 will win. The conditions today are going to be quite tricky for the leaders. The course will have be running fast and the wind is to get up a bit as the day goes on. 

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Not switched it on yet but was hoping to catch some of the early play. The wind is light at the moment so it should be a chance for a few early starters to put down a score. 

Weather is benign so there's plenty room for movement in the coming hours. 

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Kisner has just birdied the first 3. Looks like scoring is out there this morning. 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

She didn’t seem particularly happy to be there and neither of the two guests gave much insight. Suppose they have to have some filler first thing in the morning. 

11 hours ago, printer said:

Not sure if you are serious, but I couldn't give a f**k about whether they are good, wankjobs, dull or whatever (*). They are all great players and IMO that's all that matters.

(*) Obviously this wouldn't apply to Mickelson. He's the wankjob's wankjob.

No, not really serious. The thread, a few pages ago, went down a wee winding path that led to a few of the players being tagged as wankers. I agree, there are wankers to Olympic standards of wankiness in the golfing world. Doesn’t mean we cannot admire good play or good shots. Poulter, for example. LIV tosspot, but I still think he’s a Ryder Cup hero. Garcia can be an arse, Monty was a grade one arse, Ryder Cup legends though. In my book, just my opinion, Tiger Woods is an arsehole. I don’t like him. I admit he showed some humilty and changed a bit - but only after getting caught shagging Las Vegas cocktail waitresses, cheating on his wife, and hanging his caddie out to dry as he learned about Tiger the Shagger during an interview in NZ and not by receiving a heads-up from his randy boss. My opinion is that the only thing Tiger regrets about that was getting found out. Opinions, opinions, they’re like Patrick Reed…
None of that alters my opinion that Woods is the second best golfer I’ve ever seen, after Jack Nicklaus.

Edited by pozbaird

5 minutes ago, Netan Sansara said:

She didn’t seem particularly happy to be there and neither of the two guests gave much insight. Suppose they have to have some filler first thing in the morning. 

If they can't drag a commentator out of his scratch for that time of day, park a camera on the roof of the clubhouse and let it roll. Anything is better than the pre-bacon roll thoughts of a moody South African and a toddler Golf Influencer.