Golfers Thread

Gaz

6 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Interviewing players during the round. Yay or nay?

Not that bothered by it tbh. Interesting to see how often it happens - if the player has just shanked it into the trees, it could be interesting.

Very surprised Augusta are allowing it though, even if it has been standard practice on the PGA tour this season

The McIlroy love in is getting bloody ridiculous now !!

If he misses the cut should we expect to see live coverage of him going shopping etc as opposed to watching the guys actually competitive in the tournament ??

Honestly.....

I know it’s not news to anyone, but Faldo really is a complete fud. McGinley is irritating, but at least he’s positive, Faldo somehow manages to simultaneously come across as an arrogant know-it-all and a bitter arsehole. Ruins the coverage any time he’s on.

1 minute ago, J_Stewart said:

I know it’s not news to anyone, but Faldo really is a complete fud. McGinley is irritating, but at least he’s positive, Faldo somehow manages to simultaneously come across as an arrogant know-it-all and a bitter arsehole. Ruins the coverage any time he’s on.

This is correct.  An absolute horror behind the mic and on the course.

I’d love someone to shove a microphone under my nose during a Saturday medal… ‘So, poz, off to a poor start with that opening 7 after duffing two in the bunker, shanking it right at the 2nd, and three-putting the 3rd. Looking like another of your famed ‘no returns’, or can you turn it around?’

… Fcuk off. 

Faldo is even more annoying because he is actually very interesting and informative when he talks about the technical stuff. Rather than do more of that, he tries to go full Peter Alliss with anecdotes and shite jokes, as well as reminding everyone how good a player he was.