Golfers Thread

Gaz

3 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Presume this will be a Monday finish now?

Forecast is to be a lot better tomorrow. Start at 8am and have them in 3s again and they should manage tomorrow night but who knows

On 06/04/2023 at 22:41, pozbaird said:

I’d love someone to shove a microphone under my nose during a Saturday medal… ‘So, poz, off to a poor start with that opening 7 after duffing two in the bunker, shanking it right at the 2nd, and three-putting the 3rd. Looking like another of your famed ‘no returns’, or can you turn it around?’

… Fcuk off. 

OK, so now I can re-create this post with the god honest truth from today’s medal, my first as a new member at Kirkintilloch GC. I bet my life you can all relate to this….

’So, poz, you hit the ball great off the tee all day today, but a three-putt at the first, thinned your second through the back of the second, and finding a kunt of a lie in the bunker at the third saw you start 5-6-6 when 4-5-4 looked on the cards. You walked off 18 having shot 45-45-90-12 = 78, and wondered how the fcuk it happened as you were solid off the tee all day. Thoughts?’

…Fcuk off,

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

OK, so now I can re-create this post with the god honest truth from today’s medal, my first as a new member at Kirkintilloch GC. I bet my life you can all relate to this….

’So, poz, you hit the ball great off the tee all day today, but a three-putt at the first, thinned your second through the back of the second, and finding a kunt of a lie in the bunker at the third saw you start 5-6-6 when 4-5-4 looked on the cards. You walked off 18 having shot 45-45-90-12 = 78, and wondered how the fcuk it happened as you were solid off the tee all day. Thoughts?’

…Fcuk off,

Smart. Don't want to be called a bandit in the first medal

Guess if it does got the distance tomorrow and doesn't run into Monday it'll be interesting to see how well Koepka's game stands up to 29 and a bit holes in one day given how little he's played since going to LIV. That said, Rahm doesn't look the fittest guy out there either which could also be a factor. I know folk will say "it's just golf, not squash" but 2 rounds in a day does add up.

Edited by Fuctifano